Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Help creating macros for notes section of Delta Green npc sheet.

Hi everyone, So I want to create a macro under the attributes & abilities section that allows me to read the "notes" at the bottom of the monster's stats. Right now, the notes are in tight rows that do not allow me to read the full description easily and I thought a macro would make it much easier.  I only sort of know how the roll20 coding works and understand that I probably need to input "Name" and "Notes" into the attributes section and then I can build a functional macro. The problem is, I don't know how to go about doing this. I don't need a guide so much as someone who can show me a functional macro to paste into the Abilities section. Can anyone help with this? 
1589775012

Edited 1589845448
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not familiar with the sheet, does mousing over the notes section give you a popup with the attribute name? Something like @{note1}? If not, you can use the top left button next to Zombie to pop the sheet into its own window. If you then go the the Attribute & Abilities tab, you can use CTRL-F to search all fields for "Clumsy" and you've probably found the Attribute you need to call. Your macro would look something like: /w gm @{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name} Notes}} {{@{selected|note1} = @{selected|note1_description} }} {{@{selected|note2} = @{selected|note2_description} }} and would need to be run with a token selected. I have no idea what templates you have available to you for that game, you might be able to make it look much prettier than the above example, once you have found the Attributes where the text is stored. edit - spelign were bad
Thanks for the response! So yes, a popup does appear when I hover over the notes. When I hover over the name portion it shows; @{repeating_other_$(x)_name} When I hover over the notes it shows; @{repeating_other_$(x)_notes} Do I simply plug these into the macro example you provided?
1589845411
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not familiar with the sheet, but either what you've written above, or @{selected|repeating_other_$(x)_name} should work. You may have access to other templates which look nicer than the default, too. Using @{selected} does require that a token is selected when the macro is run.