Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token placement by players

I dont know if is a bug but my players can place tokens they control into the map. This doesnt bother me except for the fact that in a dynamic lighting map they can place their tokens in hiddens area, ignorin walls and everything. This doesnt happen already but i want to avoid killing the  atmosphere of the moment.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It isn't a bug, it's a feature.  If it is causing you problems, you can remove the tokens from their characters and put them on a proxy character that only you have.  The tokens would still represent the player's characters, but only you could drag them in by dragging in the proxy character.
You can also edit their tokens and turn off "Has Sight" and then re-save the updated token as their default token. This way when they pull their token out to the VTT, they are blind until you turn on Has Sight for them. This may be more work for you, but it will keep things from being spoiled.
My solution to that so far has simply been to have all the player tokens already on the map, so they don't have to drag anything in, they just have to find their token.