Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 AM with default Pathfinder 1e sheet

I've been searching for a solution for this, but either I'm using the wrong terminology or I just can't find a solution.  So, thank you in advance for your help (anyone). I'm trying to run a sound effect from a weapon block on the 1e Roll20 Pathfinder sheet (Main tab, Weapons/Attacks).  I've entered all the pertinent information for the weapon and then added }} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2 ! into the Notes section of the weapon.  When I click the name of the weapon to make the attack, the sound plays, but for some reason the damage isn't displaying the chat template. I have also tried using "!roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2" all by itself, because some people suggested it, but it doesn't work. I suspect it may have something to do with my damage formula (which works fine w/o the roll20AM command), but I can't figure out what the conflict is.  So, here's the output when I hit the up arrow in chat after using the weapon: @{Alelenor Asachi|whispertype} &{template:pc} {{name=Water Blade}} {{type=attackdamage}} {{showchar=@{Alelenor Asachi|rollshowchar}}} {{charname=@{Alelenor Asachi|character_name}}} {{nonlethal=[[1[Nonlethal]]]}} {{attack=1}}{{roll=[[1d20cs>20 + 8[Melee] + 0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + (@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition})[CONDITION] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_attack}[QUERY] ]]}} {{critconfirm=[[1d20cs20 + 8[Melee] + 0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + (@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition})[CONDITION] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_attack}[QUERY] + @{Alelenor Asachi|critconfirm_bonus}[CRIT CONFIRM BONUS] ]]}}{{atkvs=(Melee vs Touch)}}{{shownotes=[[1]]}}{{notes=}} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2 !}}{{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[[[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]+0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_damage}[QUERY]]]}}{{dmg1type=Bludgeoning}}{{dmg1crit=[[(([[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]+[[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]) + (0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_damage}[QUERY]) * 2)]]}} {{conditionsflag=[[@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition}]]}} {{conditions=@{Alelenor Asachi|conditions_display}}} {{conditionsnote= @{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition_note}@{Alelenor Asachi|damage_condition_note}}} Any ideas what's happening here?

Edited 1590380275
If i understand what you are saying I think a I see where you having your issue in your macro. If the !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2! needs to be added to the notes section of the macro then it should look like this  {{notes=!roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2}} instead of {{notes=}} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2 !}} Tho did some testing as i do not normally use this sheet as I use the PF community sheet vs the one by roll20. In your macro you are essentially splitting it apart causing the damage portion to be ignored. Format it this way with the roll20 at the end of the macro on its own line @{Alelenor Asachi|whispertype} &{template:pc} {{name=Water Blade}} {{type=attackdamage}} {{showchar=@{Alelenor Asachi|rollshowchar}}} {{charname=@{Alelenor Asachi|character_name}}} {{nonlethal=[[1[Nonlethal]]]}} {{attack=1}}{{roll=[[1d20cs>20 + 8[Melee] + 0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + (@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition})[CONDITION] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_attack}[QUERY] ]]}} {{critconfirm=[[1d20cs20 + 8[Melee] + 0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + (@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition})[CONDITION] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_attack}[QUERY] + @{Alelenor Asachi|critconfirm_bonus}[CRIT CONFIRM BONUS] ]]}}{{atkvs=(Melee vs Touch)}}{{shownotes=[[1]]}}{{notes=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[[[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]+0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_damage}[QUERY]]]}}{{dmg1type=Bludgeoning}}{{dmg1crit=[[(([[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]+[[ (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|class1_level} % 2)*0.5)d6+(@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} * 0.5 - (@{Alelenor Asachi|constitution_mod} % 2)*0.5) ]]) + (0[Ability] + 1[MOD] + 0[TEMP] + @{Alelenor Asachi|rollmod_damage}[QUERY]) * 2)]]}} {{conditionsflag=[[@{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition}]]}} {{conditions=@{Alelenor Asachi|conditions_display}}} {{conditionsnote= @{Alelenor Asachi|attack_condition_note}@{Alelenor Asachi|damage_condition_note}}} !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Ice2
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LOL, gotta love it when I don't need to answer question about my own script
Thanks for the reply Mark. I was hoping to have my player click the weapon attack directly from the character sheet.  I had the !roll20AM line in the notes section of the weapon form.  So, I'm not sure why it's not putting the line inside the {{notes=}}. If I'm understanding you correctly, my only real work around is to create a macro for the attack if I want to use the sound effect?
That is correct I tested it the way you were trying as I see that was stated and implied, and it does not work, it does to some types of rolls but i did not see any information that it can be done so it would have to be its own macro. The player can just use the actions tab and create a token action for it. To make it as simple as possible.
Thank you very much for your help, Mark!