Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Voice Software Problems, You guys take over, I'm going to try to go get some sleep.

Chrome (installed just minutes ago), Java 7 version 55, Windows 7 Ultimate, A dialog box won't remember inputs. The mic works, I can record audio from it with the likes of Audacity, and chrome can search google with a voice input. Below is pictured a dialog box, the hardware access dialog box from the right corner of the chrome omnibox from a roll20 tabletop in a voice enabled game. I could hear the other players but could not give "access to the hardware" to the software. No matter what I tried "Continue Blocking" was the selected option whenever I opened that dialog box, and apparently remained the chosen state when the page was refreshed. I have tried: #1 selecting the option shown highlighted in the picture and Refreshing the page. (That didn't work, thus this bug report) #2 Restarting the computer #3 Updating Java #4 Uninstalling and Reinstalling Chrome #5 Disabling superfluous plug-ins #6 Clearing cookies #7 Resetting chrome settings to defaults #8 allowing app.roll20.net to access camera and microphone manually through chrome settings But I'm losing valuable sleeping time. Please help if you can think of something not on that enumerated list.

Edited 1401019946
Wish I could help, but things like this is why almost every group I have ever gamed with on roll20 uses an external voice chat program. Obviously "skype" is something you don't want to use, but running the game in google hangouts works well for most people, teamspeak, mumble, and others are out there and the great news is all of those programs have very useful trouble shooting documents. Good luck. I do hope someone can help you, then maybe we can get a wiki page on how to get everyone's built in voice to work right. It would be nice if you could just direct someone to a page for help, because the reason my groups all use skype or hangout is because at least one person in any random group of five people always runs into these kinds of issues with the built in voice chat. For me it did start to work with the last big patch, but others still seem to have problems.
I want technical help with windows 7, chrome, shockwave, flash, java, tokbox and roll20 to cure a hang up where the option to change a setting in a dialog box isn't being saved, recorded, stored in memory, or something such that the option refuses to change. A thorough meticulous step by step trouble shooting algorithm that will eventually solve the problem. Please?
This is a known bug that the Devs have talked about in the Mentor forums.
If it is the same bug that Doom is referencing, and it looks the same, Riley says there will be some code released Wednesday that should hopefully help.
well, it's Thursday now and the problem still exists. How do I manually force chrome and windows 7 and flash and shockwave and java back to their relevant pre-user-input defaults?
Riley says that they are currently working with TokBox on the issue: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/881264/roll20-pa" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/881264/roll20-pa</a>... Hopefully they can resolve it soon.
Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Publisher isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: "Publisher failed to access camera/mic: undefined" preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Publisher title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Publisher isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: "Publisher failed to access camera/mic: undefined" preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Publisher title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Session isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: undefined preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Session title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Session isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: undefined preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Session title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Session isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: "Session.publish :: undefined" preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Session title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object Exception received from TokBox OT.ExceptionEvent cancelable: true code: 1500 component: OT.Session isDefaultPrevented: function (){return b} message: "Session.publish :: undefined" preventDefault: function (){this.cancelable?b=!0:a.warn("Event.preventDefault :: Trying to preventDefault on an Event that isn't cancelable")} target: OT.Session title: "Unable to Publish" type: "exception" __proto__: Object window resize
I just wanted to chime in on this. We just ran our second session and two out of the three of us had no video or sound through Roll20. Weird, because the first time everything worked and one member still had video and sound through Roll20. We ended up using skype and it worked fine, but it would be nice to get the functionality back.
we use skype. Has worked pretty good up to and including 9 players