Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Elven Accuracy Macro

I'm trying to make a macro work for elven accuracy, and I used to use this in the 'rtype' field:  {{query=1}} ?{Advantage?|Normal Roll,&#123&#123normal=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[0d20|Advantage,&#123&#123advantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[@{d20}|Disadvantage,&#123&#123disadvantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[@{d20}} But the rtype field seems to be missing? Does anyone know of a fix to the macro or which field I should put it in?

Edited 1590218213
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Odd, it seems to be in my character sheets, just above some exhaustion flags. If you pop the character sheet out into its own window, you can use ctrl-F to search. I know if you create an Ability with the same name as an inbuilt one (say for a skill check) it will use the created one, so presumably you can just create the rtype Attribute and paste your macro in Also, I can't see what you changed in what you pasted... don't you want: {{query=1}} ?{Advantage?|Normal Roll,&#123&#123normal=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[0d20|Advantage,&#123&#123advantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123 r2=[[2d20kh1 |Disadvantage,&#123&#123disadvantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[@{d20}} or something similar? Hang on.... editing rtype will change all your d20 rolls... it's only attack rolls for Elven Accuracy isn't it? Probably better off with a custom Attribute e.g. rtypeElven and calling that at the start of your attack rolls/spells instead of rtype. Unless you're happy with an extra prompt on every roll?
Not sure if this helps you out,&nbsp; but according to this page&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates</a> &nbsp;there is no rtype, instead there is: Field Value Type Expected Value advantage always disadvantage normal Toggle One of these four toggles can be set to determine whether one attack or check die is rolled (normal), both (always), both with the higher number grayed out (disadvantage), or both with the lower number grayed out (advantage). Also, once advantage is determined via the query, I'm not sure I'd bother to set this "Toggle" field at all since there is no such thing as r3.&nbsp; I'd scrap r2 and just use r1 with&nbsp; {1d20,1d20,1d20}kh1 for it's roll.&nbsp; If you really want to see the individual rolls, you could either 1) just mouse over the roll result, or 2) use this following little bit to report the rolls via the template (adding some custom formatting to display the way you want):&nbsp;&nbsp; [[{[[1d20]],[[1d20]],[[1d20]]}kh1]] (the individual rolls were $[[0]] $[[1]] $[[2]]) Disclaimer: I only have minimal knowledge of all this macro stuff.&nbsp; If I suggested something stupid, please forgive.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Syneran said: [[{[[1d20]],[[1d20]],[[1d20]]}kh1]] (the individual rolls were $[[0]] $[[1]] $[[2]]) Disclaimer: I only have minimal knowledge of all this macro stuff.&nbsp; If I suggested something stupid, please forgive. Using "$[[0]] $[[1]] $[[2]]" to show the results is a cool trick.&nbsp; Never seen that.&nbsp; Neat.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Syneran said: Not sure if this helps you out,&nbsp; but according to this page&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_by_Roll20_Roll_Templates</a> &nbsp;there is no rtype, From the top of that wiki page, second dot point: The macros using atk, simple, npcatk, and atkdmg generated by the sheet utilize @{rtype} in place of {{always/normal/advantage/disadvantage=1}} {{r2=[[1d20. This attribute would allow you to link whether a second d20 is rolled or not to what the settings of your sheet are . It's a character sheet Attribute, rather than a template field, which is why it doesn't appear in that table. You can hard code rolls with r1 and r2 instead of using rtype, but that takes out the functionality of the Advantage Roll Type selector in the character sheet. Generally best to use rtype so you can share your macros with people who have a different Advantage Roll Type preference (or if you change your own preference)!