Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Healing Macro for all Healing Ways: Cure Wounds, Word, Mass, Healing Kit, Potions, etc.., 5e, D&D 5E by Roll20 Character Sheet

Edited 1590187284
Is there a Macro to use Healing using many different ways, Cure Wounds, Word, Mass, Healing Kit, Potions, etc.. I don't want to recreate the wheel I did not see a API for it This works for the "Healer Kit" but I have it as "Healer heals" and I would like this to work with  "@{selected|token_name heals" @{selected|wtype}&{template:default}  {{name=Healer All Types}} ?{Healing   | Cure Wounds,         {{rname=Cure Wounds}}    | Mass Cure Wounds,    {{rname=Mass Cure Wounds}}   | Healing Word,        {{rname=Healing Word}}   | Mass Healing Word,   {{rname= Mass Healing Word}}   | Heal,                {{rname=Heal}}   | Regenerate,          {{rname=Regenerate}}   | Mass Heal,           {{rname=Mass Heal}}   | Potion,              {{rname=Potion}}   | Good Berry,          {{rname=Good Berry}}   | Healing Kit,         &{template:npcaction} {{Healer's Feat with a Healer's Kit}} {{Healer heals @{target|Guy|token_name} for [[1d6 + 4 + @{target|Guy|hit_dice|max}]]}} }
 I would like this to work with  "@{selected|token_name heals" Have you tried using @{selected|character_name}, instead?  
No attribute was found for @{selected|character_name Feat with a Healer's Kit}
No attribute was found for @{selected|character_name Feat with a Healer's Kit} Don't know what to say.  It works for me.  Here's your code with my change.  (BTW, you are specifying two different &{template}s if Healer Kit is selected.)  @{selected|wtype}&{template:default}  {{name=Healer All Types}}  &{template:npcaction} {{Healer's Feat with a Healer's Kit}} {{@{selected|character_name} heals @{target|Guy|token_name} for [[1d6 + 4 + @{target|Guy|hit_dice|max}]]}} From the message you pasted, it looks like you may have omitted the closing curly brace after character_name?

Edited 1591568151
Even if a reputable source provided that kind of info, I'd still be skeptical of its truthfulness.  In this case, I'd be especially skeptical because of its inflammatory slant and because it makes no sense as a business strategy.
This did work, Thanks | Healing Kit,         &{template:npcaction} {{Healer's Feat with a Healer's Kit}} {{@{selected|character_name} heals @{target|Guy|token_name} for [[1d6 + 4 + @{target|Guy|hit_dice|max}]]}} how to use the Template "default" so the next selection can be selected? In the Template "simple", I see }} is used in the "Skill" Macro and you can select the next item below it, but the way I have you cannot

Edited 1590205514
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Syneran said: Even if a reputable source provided that kind of info, I'd still be skeptical of its truthfulness.  In this case, I'd be especially skeptical because of its inflammatory slant and because it makes no sense as a business strategy. I'd just report the comment and move on (in fact, I did), no need to engage with this nonsense. I hope you dont mind me suggesting you remove the bit you quoted - no need to leave such nonsense around once their post gets deleted.
That works prefect, thanks, what does the &nbsp: do, I did not see it in the Macro's in Roll 20

Edited 1590217268
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
GiGs said:  no need to engage with this nonsense. In that world, the questionable poster never has any reason to think their POV is anything problematic. Instead, Syneran posed them with a worthy alternative thought: "that doesn't make sense as a business strategy, is the source you got this information from reputable?" That seed might not take now, but it might bounce around later. Merely moderating and deleting the post will have 0 impact on their future behaviour, just prevents someone else from being like "ehhhh I don't really want to read that slander *report* ". A good planted seed might get them in the future to think, when they hear some reactionary information, "so who is the person saying this, why are they saying it, and what's the opinion of the other side?" And that would be a good bit of personality development. People should always ask that question when they encounter new information. It's great to double check on facts and know who's funding media... with the thought in question... could someone with a VTT in conflict with Roll20 have said that, for example? I don't know who's behind those words, and until I do, I can't trust the veracity of that particular claim. If they were like #@$%$%^%^%%%% and just streaming out cuss words, sure, ignore them. You should ignore people who are obviously only fixing to fight. I was a forum moderator and admin for many years and always engaged first with potential problem posters instead of deleting them and moving on. We had a very low ban rate. Usually we could get people through their personal problems manifesting into their posts via thought provoking PMs. Perhaps not something doable on a huge forum, but I don't think that single post indicates in any way that poster should be ignored forever. It just tells me they're hurting because of their place in society and trying to figure out a way to express that. Shunning them won't help them know where they can improve, anyway, and not only that, they responded to the response in a civil fashion so it's not like responding to them triggered a fight. It might have even got them to think a bit, and, their question was answered! I'm sure it'll be deleted, but I think the interaction between those two went down as well as it could have. No tempers were raised. A miracle, on the internet. In answer to the other question: &nbsp: is a "no breaking space". That's what it stands for. It makes a space between words without going onto a new line. :) Useful when you want to control how a line output happens in code.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tiffany M. said: GiGs said:  no need to engage with this nonsense. Merely moderating and deleting the post will have 0 impact on their future behaviour, just prevents someone else from being like "ehhhh I don't really want to read that slander *report* ". A good planted seed might get them in the future to think,  We aren't their therapists. It's not our responsibility to help them improve, nor is that the responsibility of the moderators. All we should care about is that the forum serves the purpose it was designed for, and isnt being muddied up by derailments and the kind of nonsense that leads to harm if left unchecked. Better for the health of the forum to just kick to the curb any such postings - there's other places they can go on the internet to have those conversations. I'm not a moderator (luckily, maybe), but I too have moderated a forum, and found that a no-nonsense approach to this kind of thing was the best.