Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Edge of the Empire Dice

I wanted to make an Edge of the Empire game and I was hoping there was a way to do it without using API scripts. I don't have access to API, and I'm going to be disappointed if API is the only way.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All I know about Edge of the Empire is that it uses non-standard dice. You could make a rollable table for each die type, and that will allow you to roll them just as if you were rolling normal dice. Do you need to do anything special with them? What else about the system is tricky? If you can explain your needs, we can see if you can do it without the API.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's a conversion chart if you wanted to use regular dice. <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j6Hn_DYu-VKSItEGJEUsEzov919GSrup4UePK1apkZ8/mobilebasic?pli=1" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j6Hn_DYu-VKSItEGJEUsEzov919GSrup4UePK1apkZ8/mobilebasic?pli=1</a>
I was just hoping there was something that didn't require a whole lot of complicated manual work.

Edited 1590258119
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TR said: I was just hoping there was something that didn't require a whole lot of complicated manual work. Unfortunately, there's probably a huge amount of work (if it's even possible) to make a dice system like ffg's sw work without the API roller.&nbsp; ;-( Given the use of ffgsw dice images; a sheet can use a roll template to show an image for each possible dice result.&nbsp; This would need to be done for each side of a given die times the total number of that die rolled.&nbsp; &nbsp;ex. 3 Boost dice would require 36 unique checks to see which image(s) to show!&nbsp; Given the sheer number of dice and unique values for any given pool, this turns into a HUGE roll template that would need to be referenced for each roll made, whether it's a simple ( 1 Boost + 1 Ability ) or ( 6 Boost + 3 Ability + 2 Setback + 1&nbsp; Proficiency )...&nbsp;