Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I'm trying to make a macro please help

Edited 1590255203
I'm trying to make a macro (5e) that will do an Insight, Investigation, and Perception check as a group check. Something I can click on, tell it which skill and it'll roll for everyone's, whatever skill, and show me the results. But I can't get it working when I go to add more than the first skill to it. This is what I got: /w gm ?{Skill|Perception|Insight|Investigation} &{template:default}}{{name=Skill Check}}+|Perception,+{{Misira Vommathenas=[[ d20+@{Misira Vommathenas|perception_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Misira Vommathenas|perception_bonus}]]}}{{Venetia Shadowmark=[[ d20+@{Venetia Shadowmark|perception_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Venetia Shadowmark|perception_bonus}]]}}{{Thudarr Spiritwielder=[[ d20+@{Thudarr Spiritwielder|perception_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Thudarr Spiritwielder|perception_bonus}]]}}{{Kiltrin Rumrunner=[[ d20+@{Kiltrin Rumrunner|perception_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Kiltrin Rumrunner|perception_bonus}]]}}{{Meros Gorich=[[ d20+@{Meros Gorich|perception_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Meros Gorich|perception_bonus}]]}}{{+|Insight,+{{Misira Vommathenas=[[ d20+@{Misira Vommathenas|insight_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Misira Vommathenas|insight_bonus}]]}}{{Venetia Shadowmark=[[ d20+@{Venetia Shadowmark|insight_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Venetia Shadowmark|insight_bonus}]]}}{{Thudarr Spiritwielder=[[ d20+@{Thudarr Spiritwielder|insight_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Thudarr Spiritwielder|insight_bonus}]]}}{{Kiltrin Rumrunner=[[ d20+@{Kiltrin Rumrunner|insight_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Kiltrin Rumrunner|insight_bonus}]]}}{{Meros Gorich=[[ d20+@{Meros Gorich|insight_bonus} ]] | [[d20+ @{Meros Gorich|insight_bonus}]]}} At this point it's asking me which skill. Then rolling for two of them, I stopped because it wasn't doing it right, and putting Perception in a nice pretty box like I want but then Insight is a total mess or rolls. I want it to only roll the skill I picked and have it in the nice pretty box. Please help. Edit: The names in there are the character's names. Perception works perfect but when I went to add a 2nd skill is where I ran into trouble.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're heading into a rabbit hole of html replacement there, would you consider using a chat menu instead? You whisper yourself a few buttons you can click on, and each will link to a macro for the relevant group check. You can then easily add more buttons to it later without giving yourself a migraine trying to cram more html into an ever-expanding query. Having them all saved as abilities on a character sheet called Macros or similar will also make the syntax easier.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chat menus are great and a much simpler option... but if you want the learning experience of a variable macro: /w gm &{template:default}}{{name=?{Check|Perception,Perception Check}} {{Misira= [[ 1d20 + @{Misira Vommathenas|perception_bonus} ]]}} {{Venetia= [[ 1d20 + @{Venetia Shadowmark|perception_bonus} ]]}} {{Thudarr= [[ 1d20 + @{Thudarr Spiritwielder|perception_bonus} ]]}} {{Kiltrin= [[ 1d20 + @{Kiltrin Rumrunner|perception_bonus} ]]}} {{Meros= [[ 1d20 + @{Meros Gorich|perception_bonus} ]]|Insight,Insight Check}} {{Misira= [[ 1d20 + @{Misira Vommathenas|insight_bonus} ]]}} {{Venetia= [[ 1d20 + @{Venetia Shadowmark|insight_bonus} ]]}} {{Thudarr= [[ 1d20 + @{Thudarr Spiritwielder|insight_bonus} ]]}} {{Kiltrin= [[ 1d20 + @{Kiltrin Rumrunner|insight_bonus} ]]}} {{Meros= [[ 1d20 + @{Meros Gorich|insight_bonus} ]]||Investigation,Investigation Check}} {{Misira= [[ 1d20 + @{Misira Vommathenas|investigation_bonus} ]]}} {{Venetia= [[ 1d20 + @{Venetia Shadowmark|investigation_bonus} ]]}} {{Thudarr= [[ 1d20 + @{Thudarr Spiritwielder|investigation_bonus} ]]}} {{Kiltrin= [[ 1d20 + @{Kiltrin Rumrunner|investigation_bonus} ]]}} {{Meros= [[ 1d20 + @{Meros Gorich|investigation_bonus} ]]} }}