Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][FREE][Wed 7pm EST]5th Edition rules, 1st Edition feel. Greyhawk original dnd setting

Need 1 player for my Wed night games. It is set in Greyhawk, a low-magic fantasy setting from the 70s. The game has had some turnover as people decide low magic settings is not for them or life issues mess up their ability to play. There are several house rules in effect to make it more like AD&D. If your an old school player who enjoyed the difficulty of old dnd, the forced roleplay that low level and lack of features brings, and so on, you might enjoy this game Prolonged low level game: 20 bonus HP and a bonus feat, but we will spend a LONG time under level 5 and even more time under level 8. Game could go for a year or more and end up ending before level 10. Low feature and class ability mimics the old school lack of features and abilitys. The bonus HP is to make low level not insta-gibby. Concentration: You can use attunement slots as 2nd or 3rd concentration spells. Want to Bless and Bane in the same fight? now you can, just like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th. Low magic not no magic: Low magic lets you use the magic you have creativly, not start at level 3-5 and quickly level to 6-9. But you still run into magical challanges and things with high level magic (ussualy in the form of items that an enemy uses and you can likely loot from them) Looking for a person who like **difficult** dnd where challanges can far outstrip your ability but you can creativly overcome them. IE, "remove a tribe of orcs from a spot" and the tribe is 50 orcs strong with 5 clergy and 1 shaman leading them, and 10 of the 50 ride dire wolves they have trained. Your also level 2. Ideally someone who wants to make some friends and hang out for awhile, and who knows when the current quarentines end they can still play. Rule of Cool over RAW/RAI in most cases, esp whjen its ignoring a rule to creativly use a spell or effect of physics to to a thing.
I'm interested.  I've been playing off & on since the AD&D days in the 80's and love Greyhawk.  I'm glad to see that they're bringing it back at least a little with Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Mordenkainen.  I like OSR stuff too...except for all the XP math, especially with multiclassed characters.  Currently playing a gnome illusionist/thief in a Labyrinth Lord campaign.  Anyway, if you still have a spot open, please let me know more. Thanks, Matt
add my discord matt, Treetop#6820