Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can Players Have Limited Access to The Collection Tab?

With the help of a lot forum participants, I've set up numerous macros for a game I'm working on.  Many of them are for my own benefit as the GM and I have some I want to players to use on their tokens.  These I have set up as Token Actions for when the players select one of their tokens.  But I'd prefer it if they did not have unfettered access to the collection tab. Is there an easy way to deny them this access or am I better off warning of stern insults and screaming from me of they mess around with or even - God Forbid! - delete them? Here's a screen shot where I am logged in as a player.  A token is selected and the Token Action buttons display.  But the Collection Tab to the right is showing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Macros are associated with a specific Roll20 account's player in a game. You are the same player in the game regardless of if you are connected as a GM or not. You are the only one who will see the macros you have created unless you explicitly allow other players to have them. Even then, they will only see the macro and be able to run it, not see its contents. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A standard tip: when you want to see what players see, the best way is to create a second roll20 account, invite that account to the game, and log in with the account.

Edited 1590673850
The Aaron said: Macros are associated with a specific Roll20 account's player in a game. You are the same player in the game regardless of if you are connected as a GM or not. You are the only one who will see the macros you have created unless you explicitly allow other players to have them. Even then, they will only see the macro and be able to run it, not see its contents.  Thank you Aaron, sounds like I have nothing to worry about.  Hurray! I actually have a question on your Tokenmod but will ask on a separate subject if I can't find the answer searching the forum.
GiGs said: A standard tip: when you want to see what players see, the best way is to create a second roll20 account, invite that account to the game, and log in with the account. That makes sense.  I assume multiple accounts are OK with roll 20.  Thank you.