Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tutorial not loading

Hi, I've read on older posts that more people were having the same problem. I was wondering if i'ts supposed to be fixed now or if there's any progress on this issue. The thing is whenever I open the tutorial (be it from the wiki or through the message prompt I get when I open my own game, and regardless of the browser I'm using), The page just displays a "Loading..." message and never actually starts. Thank you.
Still stuck on Loading for me on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Same as it ever was. But really, isn't "Loading" the optimal state? Everything is all hopes and dreams, before the harsh reality comes crashing in. I think they're trying to tell us something. We should always be Loading.
I am having the same issue in Chrome and Firefox. Fresh Install of firefox. Same. Cleared Chrome Cashe, Disabled plugins and issue persists 
Hey all -  We’re aware of an issue with the tutorial and we’re pushing out a hotfix tomorrow morning that should resolve the problem. Thank you in advance for your patience!
hotfix tomorrow. meanwhile thi shas been going on for 2 years+ according to the forum posts i'm seeing roflwafl

Edited 1591137458
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No. The tutorial has been loading fine. It just breaks at some point due to not being updated (i.e. it asks you to do something the interface will not allow). The not-loading problem is new. The tutorial has been more or less deprecated at this point anyway.
Nicholas said: Hey all -  We’re aware of an issue with the tutorial and we’re pushing out a hotfix tomorrow morning that should resolve the problem. Thank you in advance for your patience! Thanks, Nicholas! I was wondering was it just me but will look forward to it being back up and running! Appreciate the update!
Hey folks -  We pushed out the hotfix this morning and the tutorial should now be back up and running. Apologies for the trouble everyone!
Nicholas said: Hey folks -  We pushed out the hotfix this morning and the tutorial should now be back up and running. Apologies for the trouble everyone! Yeah, it loads now. But there are some crashes in the meantime. Dice rolls not working, library navigation doesn't allow to pick assets, some prompts either don't appear or are outside of the screen where you can't read them or click next, thus some of the sections of the tutorial are not displaying properly. Thanks for the initial fix, though.
As a person interested in possibly subscribing, this buggy tutorial sure didn't make for a very good impression. It's extremely frustrating when several steps of the tutorial are completely broken (and apparently have been for some time). :(

Edited 1596246126
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The community at large is of the opinion to avoid the tutorial and just try out Roll20 for real, following some of the guides like the Roll20 crash course .or searching youtube for guides made in the last year. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Tutorial" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Tutorial</a>