Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Loot in Pathfinder

Heyo! So, I find myself once again using Roll20 to run Rise of the Runelords for a group on Sunday nights. Holy crap, dispersing and selling loot is terrible on here. I'm looking for literally any suggestions on how y'all handle dispersing loot, and selling/buying stuff more easily, as it really isn't programmed into the ruleset at all.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure how most games handle this.  In the ones I have been in, selling everything happens between sessions (sell for 50%), and you can buy anything mundane.  Buying magic items may be something between sessions also, depending on where you are and what is available.  The DM may set a max value or whatever that is automatically available.  Above that, it may have to happen in session, or at least with some minimal DM interaction.  It is pretty easy to find things online (d20pfsrd or AoN), so generally (in my experience anyway), the DM doesn't really do much with loot at all unless teaching a new player how to enter things on the sheet.  The DM will tell the players what there is and it is up to the players to take notes on what is available, decide what is worth carting away, and add it to their sheet.  Or not.  If you don't add it to your sheet, you didn't pick it up and take it with you.  Pretty simple. If you are dealing with something unique, then a handout with an image (if you can find something fitting) and info on the item is probably all you need. Is there something specific that is an issue?
It's more the automation of it. For instance, in Fantasy Grounds you can easily buy, sell, and disperse loot natively in the program. Drag and drop. But that feature seems to be completely missing in Roll20. We have resorted to a google sheet, which isn't ideal. Was just wondering if there were some in-app methods of making this easier.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You can drag/drop quite a selection of gear from the compendium.  It isn't going to do the coin math for you though.  I think there was some sort of API set up for buying stuff, but I've never used it.  You might do some searching in the api forum to see what you find.  It isn't anything I have pursued myself (obviously).
That's what I was afraid of. Despite being a Pro member, I have essentially zero knowledge about APIs. If I'm honest... I'm not even entirely sire what APIs are.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
API scripts extend the functionality of Roll20.&nbsp; This might be a place to start with basic info:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037256714-API" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037256714-API</a>