Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

/w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!#hunt-eye) help please!

Hello all! Working on my first set of my own macros. !token-mod --ids -M8NO_IDW6A99SZ7plE9 --set bar3_value|+1 /w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!#hunt-eye)  This successfully increases the bar value for me - but the button that is produced in chat doesn't click for me. Typing #hunt-eye in chat runs the macro the way I would expect it to though so I'm not sure what I'm missing. I patterned the code based on a conditions macro that seems to work fine: /w gm Conditions: [Blinded](!#y-Condition-Blinded) [Charmed](!#y-Condition-Charmed) [Deafened](!#y-Condition-Deafened) etc etc so I can't figure out where the issue is. Thanks in advance!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not sure why the second macro listed works - it shouldn't.&nbsp; The problem is you need a html entity between the ! and # in all those macros. This: /w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!#hunt-eye)&nbsp; should be /w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!&amp;13;#hunt-eye)&nbsp; Every character has a html entity that can represent it. The &amp;13; entity represents a line break, and is needed here to trick the macro button into working. It's a hack. If you ever open a macro that contains html entities, they will vanish and the button stops working - as you described. So when you make these kind of macros, save them and then never reopen them (or star othem on character abilities which doesnt suffer this problem - but they need a different syntax then). These kinds of buttons are covered here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Chat#API_Command_Buttons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Chat#API_Command_Buttons</a>
GiGs said: ...should be /w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!&amp;13;#hunt-eye)&nbsp; If you ever open a macro that contains html entities, they will vanish and the button stops working - as you described. Thanks GiGs! That's exactly what happened. I opened up the macro I had previously copied &amp; pasted from elsewhere and tried to copy/edit/paste it again.&nbsp; Thanks for that article link! It helped me find that you were missing a # in the html portion of your edit noted above. Should be like below. /w gm [Eye Awareness Check](!&amp;#13;#hunt-eye)&nbsp; Thanks again!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So I was, that's what I get from trying to write them from memory, hehe. Glad you got it sorted.