Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Script Ideas

Edited 1591456020
I'm contemplating upgrading to a Pro subscription, but it mostly hinges on three potential scripts. I've seen videos of tokens flipping horizontally after movement, but will this work for PCs, too?  Or does it only work when the GM with API scripts moves them? I also wonder if its possible to add the ability to have the token turn around (via acessing a rollable table).  If you move the character up, you will see their back, upleft they face NW, etc. Finally, is it possible for API scripts to allow adjustable WASD movement?  I would like to use all three of these in my games, but it would be pretty useless if I can do it, but my players can't.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Varnell said: I'm contemplating upgrading to a Pro subscription, but it mostly hinges on three potential scripts. I've seen videos of tokens flipping horizontally after movement, but will this work for PCs, too?  Or does it only work when the GM with API scripts moves them? I also wonder if its possible to add the ability to have the token turn around (via acessing a rollable table).  If you move the character up, you will see their back, upleft they face NW, etc. Finally, is it possible for API scripts to allow adjustable WASD movement?  I would like to use all three of these in my games, but it would be pretty useless if I can do it, but my players can't. 1) There is an existing script that will do this, and it will work for players and GM 2) I do not know of an existing script that will do this, but so long as you are consistent with your rollable table tokens, it should be perfectly doable 3) You can move with the cursor keys, I do not think you can remap to WASD through Roll20. Likewise, I do not think you can adjust the rate. It is either 1 cell, or if holding the Alt key down, 1 pixel.
Thank you very much.  My rollable tables are permanent, 649 at the moment, so I'm very happy to hear that.  I made suggestion about letting PCs use advanced token features so they're not asking me to orient their token after every turn.  People didn't seem eager, so I assumed it must be possible with API.  Thank you again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Off the shelf, you can create a macro that players can use to set their orientation with either a dropdown query, or a  Chat Menu . Token-mod has all the commands for rotation, flipping, and face changing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This is probably in the wheelhouse for 2):&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2778056/script-token-face-change-based-on-rotation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2778056/script-token-face-change-based-on-rotation</a>