Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add macros to Transmogrifier

I love the Transmogrifier, but it would be nice if we could transfer macros from campaign to campaign.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah! (And API scripts!!!)
So sad to see this idea or at least the idea to have an easier way to import/export macros does not have more votes.
Here's at least one more...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Need, more, votes. +1

Edited 1471881499
Absolutely need more votes. +1
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
+1
+1
+1
Would be simply amazing if we could copy macros....  +1
Oh my God, yes! This is the one flaw in the otherwise amazing transmogrifier. +1

Edited 1508713001
Mark S.
API Scripter
+1 I agree. I've never used macros much until I found a great use for them today in my campaigns. I created a custom template for my monsters/npcs that I assign all their abilities to (makes pretty much every roll just a click of a button for me without having to fill out a full character sheet every time). I always find myself having to look up trait listings (plant traits, undead traits, ooze traits, etc). With Macros now, I can just make a macro to print out all the traits and call it from my character's token ability. They can easily be copied/pasted between campaigns, but being able to transmogrify macros now would be amazing! I keep a "Bestiary" campaign with all character/monster tokens I've created so I don't need to recreate a skeleton every time I need one for instance. I also keep my default sound effects, rollable tables, and decks there too
+1
+1
+1
+1 for me
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Definitely and +1 for Aaron's suggestion about API Scripts. 
I have not yet used the "Transmogrifier"; silly me, I assumed macros would transfer, since they are "on the sheet"!  Roll20 is an epic resource to the RPG community, and macro's are a major feature.  Macros give those of us (like myself) overly obsessed with modeling game reality another way to express ourselves, while enabling others who want a less cluttered game experience something to "click", while they focus on what is important to their play-style.  Having more portability in macros, and more "drag-and-drop" options for macros within a sheet would encourage more players to explore what Macro's have to offer RPG gameplay.
+1
+1
+1
Jason
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1 Absolutely this is needed.  I just started tinkering with macros and they are pretty great.  But the current process of copying them from game to game is cumbersome.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Awesome idea!
DLB
Pro
Translator
+1

Edited 1539841914
I add another wish for the transmogrifier: Please sort the items in the lists! Alphabetically is ok.   I have many items in some games and it is nearly impossible to find them in an unsorted list.
Bernd S. said: I add another wish for the transmogrifier: Please sort the items in the lists! Alphabetically is ok.   I have many items in some games and it is nearly impossible to find them in an unsorted list. I run into this problem as well. While you can't Ctrl-F on roll20 like you can on other sites (because it is a shortcut for something else), you can first use F6 to select the URL in the browser (and will deselect Roll20 as the active window) and then use Ctrl-F to find what you need. I would still like to see an order, or even a search bar inside the transmogrifier, but this works for me until that time.
+1
VTT Enhancement Suite offers this functionality.&nbsp; I sing a song for it because it is way faster than explaining all the reasons why a new player will need it.&nbsp; V!-T!-T! ---- E-n-h-a-n-c-e-m-e-n-t Sweeeeettttttt!!!!!! 30 seconds later they're all like "wow!" <a href="https://ssstormy.github.io/roll20-enhancement-suite/" rel="nofollow">https://ssstormy.github.io/roll20-enhancement-suite/</a> Mee6 tells them all about it too.&nbsp;
+1
+1
Support Class
Marketplace Creator
Just discovered the hard way that my macros on a monster didn't copy over through the transmogrifier. This will not do.

Edited 1563207354
+1 I think macros should be linked to your account not a campaign. You should be able to just choose and add your macros just like your character vault. Unlike the character vault you shouldn't need permission to add you macros since they don't affect the game when you join someone's game.
+1
+1! I always have to port them by hand.
+1
+1 for Macros and API
+1
Workaround:&nbsp; The macro-mule character.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
+1, but we really also need to enable that GM/Co-GM in a game can edit any macro under Collections Tab
Abd al Rahman
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1 for me too. I We really need something like that.
+1 vote! I've been setting up a lot of macros and would love a good way to move or share them :)
+1 please. Being able to transfer all the work I’ve done to a new campaign would inspire me to go for a Pro subscription.&nbsp;
+1 for sure! The idea of copying macros over by hand makes me want to jump out of a window.&nbsp; If you could transfer any information from one game to another (if you're the creator) would definitely make spending and extra $5 per month a worthwhile investment.
Five years after the original post... A real big +1 from me!
Am actively GMing on roll20 for 2 months now, and I really appreciate macros already :) It would be very helpful to copy macros via the Transmorgrifier. +1 !
Good grief I need this right now -- dozens of macros I want to copy over into a new game and had no idea it wasn't possible to do so using a feature of some kind instead of a kludge.&nbsp; +1
+1 (the absence of macros on the Transmogrifier is why I store macros on character sheets whenever I can)
+1
Please, please make a copy-over possible. +1
+1 here too. That would be awesome.