Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add a Shopping Cart to marketplace to allow buying multiple items at the same time

Score + 149
There are lots of good assets on the marketplace, but I avoid buying them because it's too difficult to checkout 30 times, once for each separate asset pack. Please add a standard shopping cart like all other online marketplaces offer.
Additionally this causes folks' credit cards to show fraud alerts and block purchases, especially if the transactions exactly the same dollar value as it looks like an accidental duplicate charge. I'd upvote this, but it's not really a problem I care about, but roll20 definitely should if they want to ensure they remove obstacles to getting revenue. I'll just buy less/more slowly if their marketplace is not user friendly enough.
I agree. I feel like it will be hard to get people to upvote this, but this is simply in roll20's own best interest to make it easy for people to spend money!
I like this idea as well. A cart would make it super easy for large scale purchases.
Yep could have used that multiple times already
Agreed. I'm just starting to use the site for my campaign, and this is the first thing that stands out to me. Any marketplace that has such a variety of things to purchase in separate categories should include an option to purchase more than one item at a time.  Speaking only for myself, there are already potential sales being lost. I would like to get several packs for use in the game, but I've only purchased the one map pack that I will get the most use out of, because purchasing each item individually is a hassle. 
Yeah, agreed. Especially for small priced items. Adding to the wishlist is nice, but then having to check out one at a time isn't ideal.
Anyone else think a shopping cart would be important to help sell microtransaction-sized marketplace content?
this needs to be done   I found this because i wanted to buy all the items in my wish list and thought "they cannot expect me to do this one at a time"  Really really dumb.  Please allow something like  "purchase all" from wish list 
People have been asking for this for years, along with a myriad of other very base level quality of life improvements to the site, and they just refuse to do it.  
+1
+1
Stephanie W. said: People have been asking for this for years, along with a myriad of other very base level quality of life improvements to the site, and they just refuse to do it.   I can't even get to the page to upgrade!
It's quite insane that there's no shopping cart. It's like ecommerce easy mode! How many years have folks been asking for it?

Edited 1597981133
Chuck S! said: It's quite insane that there's no shopping cart. It's like ecommerce easy mode! How many years have folks been asking for it? At least 3 that I have seen on a 30 second search when I was trying to make sure I wasn't missing something with the cart...but, no, it just doesn't exist.  There are no less than 81 items I would buy right now if there was a cart. As it stands, I am buying nothing. There have been a lot of posts with similar comments. Frankly, I am surprised the content creators, as a community, haven't banded together to demand this as it has to be negatively impacting what they could be selling. Also surprised more content creators don't have an all inclusive item on the marketplace either...
Hey DevTeam, where are you?  Tsk Tsk.  Is this to be expected going forward that nobody listens to customers anymore?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Afshin A. said: Hey DevTeam, where are you?&nbsp; Tsk Tsk.&nbsp; Is this to be expected going forward that nobody listens to customers anymore? Well, if you look at the number of votes for this idea, you will see it is less than 200.&nbsp; The 200 threshold isn't a guarantee it will be implemented either, just the threshold where it is supposed to gain dev comment/feedback.&nbsp; It has a long way to go to get there.&nbsp; If it ends up tied into something else they are doing with the marketplace, it may get implemented without the vote count or comment. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting</a>

Edited 1605489327
Yes, but how many other threads asking the same thing have there been? And this isn't a Roll20 gaming enhancement request - it's something to be expected from an eCommerce site.
I know I'm late to the party but this looks like it needs more bumps... 200 threshold or not, it's ridiculous that this isn't implemented already to begin with. Cart purchasing has been a thing for many years at this point...Pleeease do this. My credit card had a hold placed on it a while back because of having to buy multiple transactions in a row
It was included in the old thread about wish lists, but they ignored the shopping cart part of the request, and spent 5 years before they implemented the wish list. That being said, hopefully they'll eventually make a shopping cart, cause I often ditch buying things cause of the lack of it.
DMS Creations
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1 I'm not purchasing anything as I get charged per transaction for foreign purchases which very quickly mounts up
Just deleted a vote for an identical suggestion with fewer votes in order to add my vote to this one.
Was just browsing through figure sets and found several that I'd like, but buying them one at a time is such a PITA, I gave up. Fix this issue and you'll get more sales!
+1
+1
I would much rather just have one large sum, that I can pay off over time on Paypal, via cart check out then buying each book I want right now individually.
Make sure to hit the Score voter at the top of the thread. Those are the votes that count.
I don't get why this keeps getting ignored? I frankly don't understand why it ISN'T implemented. It would make them more money anyway&nbsp;
It is rather obtuse that the marketplace is so poorly developed that you can only purchase one item at a time, rather than a one stop shopping experience that every other site on the planet has.
Yah, Marketplace Creators should be raising a flag over this (if they aren't already). Implementing a proper Shopping Cart will most likely increase their sales.
+1
+1
+1
Make sure to hit the pink score triangle at the top for the votes to count, if you haven't already.
How on Faerûn is this still not a thing?
+1 Also super handy for expensive purchases! You can then run it through PayPal's 'Pay Instalments' feature to help spread out the cost!
+1 I just switched from D&amp;D to Pathfinder and I'd like to buy more than one book at a time. It's pretty silly that this still isn't a thing.&nbsp;
+1 Seriously I have a wishlist of 13 things and I want to buy them all at once and not flag paypal or my bank for fraud
Here it is, September 2023, and still no shopping cart. You should make it easy for us to give you money. So I'll buy the one thing, and maybe I'll come back for the other thing another day, or not.