Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox not playing uploaded files

I have some music I already own in iTunes that I want to use as background music for a dungeon. I've tried uploading in m4a, I've tried converting the songs to mp3, but when I try to play the tracks in Roll20 nothing happens. The song title comes up but it doesn't start playing. I believe I've done everything correctly here: uploaded them to Manage Audio, then added them to my game, but they do not function. Can anyone help me out?

Edited 1591801540
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I think it can take a few seconds before the tracks starts playing. Have you made sure sound is allowed on Roll20? Have you checked the volume of the tracks?
Are you using chrome or firefox? I have had issues with other browsers.  I have been successful at using uploaded tracks from iTunes in mp3 format when using Chrome. Players don't hear the music if they are in safari or IE.
I use the Jukebox all the time, so sound and volume aren't the problem. When I try to play one of the uploaded tracks, the time for the song doesn't even start. It just hangs on the song title. When I play tracks from BattleBard or what have you, I have no problem. I'm using Chrome.
I will try again and give the track a good long time to start playing.
Still no luck. Waited a long time, still the track doesn't play. Oddly, the tracks play in the Manage Audio section on the Roll20 site. But they don't play after I add them to my game and try to play them. Is there some step that I'm missing relating to uploading files from iTunes? Again, I have tried converting the iTunes files to Mp3 before upload and it hasn't worked.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Did you check that the mp3 files themselves works outside Roll20? Not that it's like to be the issue, but it's good to be on the safe side.
Andreas J. said: Did you check that the mp3 files themselves works outside Roll20? Not that it's like to be the issue, but it's good to be on the safe side. Yep, I checked. They work just fine playing on my desktop. They play in the Manage Audio section of the external Roll20 site. But they don't work in my game.
Cleared out my browser cache, tried again. No success. This is what I see whenever I try to play an uploaded track. As you can see, the file is there, but clicking play just produces that weird ... / ... thing and no sound.
Can anyone from Roll20 help me here? I can't play uploaded music files in my campaign, and it's quite frustrating.
Hello, Roll20 support team? I asked repeatedly about this a few days ago. Some kind of response from a Roll20 person would be nice.
Your best bet would be to fill out a Help Center request (<a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a>) and give them details there, maybe even linking to this thread.
No need. Finally figured out the problem, which was a conflicting extension. Phew.&nbsp;
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Would you be able to message me what your conflicting extensions were? I am finding myself with the same problem.
I don't know if it was the case for Jay R., but I suffered the same issue today and came across this post so I investigated. The extension "VTT Enhancement Suite" on Google Chrome interferes with the jukebox somehow and prevents it from playing.
Zerodaggerz said: I don't know if it was the case for Jay R., but I suffered the same issue today and came across this post so I investigated. The extension "VTT Enhancement Suite" on Google Chrome interferes with the jukebox somehow and prevents it from playing. That's exactly it. I had the VTT extension running and after disabling the audio settings it works fine.