Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to start using the new Character Sheets?

Gold
Forum Champion
Congratulations & thanks Roll20 for launching the Character Sheets feature today. Naturally I immediately launched my campaign and went to the Journals tab, where the characters are listed, to see the space for Character Sheet. I click each PC, and it's still showing only the Bio and Attributes tabs. Not seeing character sheet yet?

Edited 1401307573
Gold
Forum Champion
Figured other people might have this problem. The answer is in the Wiki, of course. HOW TO START USING CHARACTER SHEETS FOR AN EXISTING CAMPAIGN <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets</a> The answer is don't go into your Launch Campaign first. Instead, as the Wiki says: "the GM should navigate to Campaign Settings (My Campaigns &gt; View Details &gt; Campaign Settings) . In the Character Sheet Template section, select a template from the dropdown" Adding the character sheet for your campaign happens outside the game itself, and is accessed through your campaign's front page GM-only button called Campaign Settings. NOT the campaign settings that is a little gear at the top-right of your chat box. This is the Campaign Settings link that is on the left side of your Campaign Details page.
Thanks, Gold. Note that it is much easier to do this for New Campaigns from here on out, as you just pick the template when you make the new game.
any chance a character sheet for D&D Basic,Expert, Companion, & Masters sets otherwise known as Basic D&D in the works?

Edited 1401324125
Gold
Forum Champion
I was just posting over on Dragonsfoot forum about that same question as Scott asked. :) Surely someone will come along to make a character sheet for... old school Basic D&D, Original D&D, B/X, BECMI, Swords & Wizardry... Maybe someone from Dragonsfoot will come along to help with that. DF is a website with lots of players of old school D&D and AD&D. The terminology we've got for this game in the LFG search engine is currently calling it "Original D&D (Basic Expert Companion Master Immortals etc") as an attempt to catch-all the related versions. One basic sheet could accommodate all those systems, with a bit of care, if not individualized sheets for minor variations as the game evolved through early itterations. There may be another thread for Character Sheet Requests... Not sure if that has been started yet on the Community Forums..
Hey um, I've got a player using a a Barbarian and he's using a two-handed weapon. Problem is, he gets to roll weapon damage + STR+50% and we don't know how to get the sheet to recognize that.
Gold
Forum Champion
Robert V. said: can the players see the sheets as well? The GM must choose the sheet in Campaign Settings, and save it, first. Then the Players in that campaign can see it on your character within the game, alongside where you normally see Bio and Attributes.

Edited 1401337200
goatman92 said: Hey um, I've got a player using a a Barbarian and he's using a two-handed weapon. Problem is, he gets to roll weapon damage + STR+50% and we don't know how to get the sheet to recognize that. Enter your weapon's damage dice as 1d12 + floor( .5 * @{STR-Mod} ) (assuming this was a Lucern Hammer with 1d12)
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
goatman92 said: Hey um, I've got a player using a a Barbarian and he's using a two-handed weapon. Problem is, he gets to roll weapon damage + STR+50% and we don't know how to get the sheet to recognize that. Put + floor(@{STR-mod}/2) at the end of your damage formula.
/r 2d6+floor(@{STR-mod}/2) Is it like that?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Except you don't need the /r unless you never wanna make inline rolls