Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I Make Recrusive Tables or Tables that Roll Without API Scripts

Hi there, I've been looking around on the forums and I see that there is apparently an API script which makes recursive tables (I assume this means a table that rolls to select one of several tables then rolls on that table?) which is what I'm looking for. I'm not too interested in other API features though so I'm wondering if there is any way to accomplish this without going pro. Second best would be if I could have tables that do inline rolls but I can't seem to get this to work. Apologies if this question is common enough and been answered before.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The simple and unfortunate answer to your thread title is: no. Tables cant do inline rolls. The recursiveTables script only exists because this isn't possible without it. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There is technically a hack way of getting some recursive rolling behavior, but I don't recall it off hand and it was pretty limited.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I wasnt aware of that. If you remember it, please post an update.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could look into this Stupid Trick

Edited 1592006004
Thanks, much appreciated.