Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rotating Drawings on the Dynamic Lighting Layer

I was thinking of doing a riff on the classic bouncing light with a mirror puzzle using the dynamic lighting.  I figured I could draw some shapes on the dynamic lighting layer to channel the light from the mirrors and then rotate the drawings when the players rotated the mirrors.  But I noticed that when I draw something on the dynamic lighting layer it doesn't have the normal rotation handle.  Or at least not one that I could see.  Tokens on that layer do, but not drawn items.  And on the other layers, drawn items DO have the rotation handle.  Is this by design, something that's been overlooked, or something that *I'm* missing?
Gauss
Forum Champion
It is by design. Rotating a drawing on the lighting layer produces some weird effects that currently have not been resolved.  You could send the artwork to another layer, rotate it, copy it, and then paste it on the DL layer. BUT, I do not know if the weird effects (weird lighting patterns) will manifest or not.  I will test it later. - Gauss
Good to know, Gauss.  I was afraid that was the case, and it was my first thought that there might be some spazzy performance issues that made things so.  Worst comes to worst, I can let them rotate stuff and redraw the light blocking.  Thanks for the quick answer, as always!