Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative

Hello all, I was working through a Youtube video on setting up a one click ambush everything is working fine except the sort command in the group initiative script. It will not sort the rolled init scores. Using the help menu I set it to descending and still it just appears as rolled. Here is the command I am using:  "!group-init --ids -M9yVDj5UF5AInDOVHvJ -M9yVEdE2punI6inVDfL -M9yXwFct2a4-dhrQ5d5 -M9yVG35_zkFtsX55i4P --sort" Also not sure why I am getting a .02 after each roll. The roll  i nfo says a Kobold gets a 2.02 roll bonus??)
Just try !group-init --sort
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The .02 is a tiebreaker based on the bonus that token has to initiative.  If you don't want it, there you can change the Bonus Stats Group to not set a tiebreaker.  Let me know and I can walk you through that. I don't think I ever considered having --sort as an option alongside other commands, so as Mark points out, calling it separately should get you sorting.  You can also enable auto sorting, in which case it will sort whenever you add tokens to the Turn Order.  If you enable the Preserve First on Sorted Add, it will sort them into the current turn order without changing the progress through the list.
Aaron, please yes walk me through that. and the auto sorting if possible. 
Mark (GM) said: Just try !group-init --sort Back to the SORT. I have created the macro like this: !token-mod --ids -M9yVDj5UF5AInDOVHvJ -M9yVEdE2punI6inVDfL -M9yXwFct2a4-dhrQ5d5 -M9yVG35_zkFtsX55i4P  --ignore-selected --set layer|objects !group-init --sort !group-init --ids -M9yVDj5UF5AInDOVHvJ -M9yVEdE2punI6inVDfL -M9yXwFct2a4-dhrQ5d5 -M9yVG35_zkFtsX55i4P And it still doesn't sort. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
For no tie breaker on the 5e sheet: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus Looks like it should be sorting on add as it is. Are those id for tokens or for characters?  TokenMod will take either, but GroupInitiative only works with token ids.
The Aaron said: For no tie breaker on the 5e sheet: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus Looks like it should be sorting on add as it is. Are those id for tokens or for characters?  TokenMod will take either, but GroupInitiative only works with token ids. They are token ID's  Still can't get the sort to work but over all this works well and will make setting up ambushes much easier.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  If you want to PM me an invite and GM me, I can jump in and see if I can sort it out.