Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow players to add turn for any token they control

It is a pain in the butt to start a combat and have to add everyone to the turn order. I'd really rather the players add themselves so I can focus on getting the monsters setup.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+U. Everyone is now added. Note: it will add everything on the layer you are currently on.  If you want more discrimination in who is added: Click on a player token, then Shift+Click on every subsequent player token. When everyone is grouped this way, hit Ctrl+U. Still another method: you can click your left mouse button, hold, drag a box over everyone you want added. Then click Ctrl+U. - Gauss
Gonna add a suggestion to allow the GM to distinguish what is a player owned token and what is not and a keyboard command to add player tokens to initiative without having to select them.
Gauss, while good alternatives for the current functionality, I can't use either of these as I currently play. I usually have several tokens on the Token layer that are not in the combat (inanimate objects -- like torches, for example), so Ctrl+A won't work.  Shift-selecting can be very laggy for me. I am also playing on maps that are small (require 150% zoom to feel natural) and so the tokens are smaller, making it hard to select them. One mis-click and I'm screwed. 
The players adding themselves to the turn order is a plus. Gives them something to do while I get other stuff ready too, so +1
+1
Thanks for the info Gauss, I didn't know I could do that. That helps alot! I do agree with the thread as whole, since it makes sense that the players have the responsibility of managing their characters, while the GM has the responsibility of handling the world.