Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu Macro to determine success and critical success based on an input skill value

Hey all.  I am looking to run a Call of Cthulhu game and am looking to create macros for my players. In CoC, there is a rule that if you roll less than 1/5th of your skill it is a critical success.  Is there a way I can determine a critical success in a macro?  Something like this... /r 1d100<?{Skill}cs<?{Skill}/5 Right now this takes the result and divides the number of successes (1) by 5 (giving a value of .2)

Edited 1592734527
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All you need is a double square [[ ]] to turn your ?{Skill}/5 calculation into an integer for the < Operator to read properly: /r 1d100<?{Skill}cs< [[?{Skill}/5]] Give that a go!
Hi Darryn, If you're using the CoC 7e character sheet provided by Roll20, it will do that for you in a well formatted chat template, by clicking straight on the sheet skills.
Thank you Oosh that works great!  Dick K. I'm playing 5e not 7e and character sheets are used from another application.
character sheets are used from another application What other application? I found what was said to be a 6e character sheet, but it looked a bit 7e to me. I'd love something properly 6e. 
I am using Google Sheets for my character sheets