Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uh, Archknight Tokens got recolored and that is a problem for me

So I get it its all nice that old marketplace items can be updated and all but.... I liked the old coloring much better and I would have never bought these tokens with their new coloring :p The new coloration makes them look bit of like there is sunlight hitting them at specific angles? Kinda hard to describe. either way they don't really feel like they were designed for the new coloring So the update to old tokens kinda turned them unusable for me unless I copy old versions from old rooms in rooms where I happened to use them. I'm not sure where to point this out so I guess marketplace thread is best place
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
What set is this?  Archknight doesn't return any results for me on a search.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Check if the ones that look bad have a Tint on them. You might have accidentally added a default tint in you game settings which is being applied to new tokens but not copies of old tokens. 

Edited 1593096055
JJL
Pro
Kraynic &nbsp;said: What set is this?&nbsp; Archknight doesn't return any results for me on a search. Ah I mispelled it, its Arcknight The Aaron said: Check if the ones that look bad have a Tint on them. You might have accidentally added a default tint in you game settings which is being applied to new tokens but not copies of old tokens.&nbsp; Are you sure that is what is happening here? <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1878/arcknight-tokens-ancient-evils" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1878/arcknight-tokens-ancient-evils</a> Unless I misunderstood something, that wouldn't explain why all marketplace images are updated to use the new coloring and why marketplace entry advertises the new color adjustment that helps it stand out from background. ...But seriously, what to do about this? I don't think I can get refund for tokens I bought years ago even if new palette makes them unusable for me :p
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, seeing it and looking at the marketplace post, you're right, tint is not the issue.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
PM directly to the artist and explain the issue. It's possible they can make an accommodation for you.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
While Arcknight doesn't have any contact info on their overview, I notice there is a way for direct contact in one (maybe all, but I didn't check) of their individual listings.&nbsp; You might try sending an email to <a href="mailto:sales@arcknight.com" rel="nofollow">sales@arcknight.com</a> and see if it would be possible to get a copy of the old version of the tokens.
Well I'll try that
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kraynic. I skipped that extra step of checking to see if they had a profile. They post as Arcknight on the forum.
Well haven't gotten reply yet but still hoping