Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with a character sheet macro

Edited 1401293946
Josiah B.
Sheet Author
So I am trying to improve upon my savage worlds character sheet and I have run up against a problem with unskilled checks. I have a macro that I am using for skills as follows: /roll {d@{skill}, 1d6!}kh1 + ?{Modifier IE: -2 or 2|0} + @{WoundFatigueMod} The issue is that an untrained roll needs to be: /roll ({d@{skill}, 1d6!}kh1 - 2) + ?{Modifier IE: -2 or 2|0} + @{WoundFatigueMod} I originally had untrained = 4-2 but that doesn't work because it's also a penalty on the wild die as well. I had for a time put the whole formula in the skill and that worked but it threw everything else off because there was no way to use skills in calculated values, (Parry I'm looking at you!) Any ideas for storing skills or how to handle this in the macro? Is there any logic in Attributes? Or just math? Am I just missing an obvious solution? thanks!
Gauss
Forum Champion
My suggestion is using a switch for trained vs untrained. Either a query or an attribute set to act as a switch.
Gauss said: My suggestion is using a switch for trained vs untrained. Either a query or an attribute set to act as a switch. what do you mean by switch? API?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gauss means something like this: /roll {d@{skill}, 1d6!}kh1 - @{skill-trained} * 2 + ?{Modifier IE: -2 or 2|0} + @{WoundFatigueMod} Then @skill-trained would be a checkbox on your character sheet, so it's either 0 or 1.
Brian said: Gauss means something like this: /roll {d@{skill}, 1d6!}kh1 - @{skill-trained} * 2 + ?{Modifier IE: -2 or 2|0} + @{WoundFatigueMod} Then @skill-trained would be a checkbox on your character sheet, so it's either 0 or 1. I see.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Of course, now that I actually think about your requirement, (1 - @{skill-trained}) * 2 would probably be better, so that a checked box is trained, rather than an unchecked box being trained. =)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, I meant what Brian stated. A switch is a way of turning on/off a term by multiplying the switch against the term. 0 is off and 1 is on.
Gauss said: Yes, I meant what Brian stated. A switch is a way of turning on/off a term by multiplying the switch against the term. 0 is off and 1 is on. Thanks! it works great now!