Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How can I let a player control a tiger token

I have a druid and a character with find familiar in my game (5th edition).  I would like them to be able to control the tokens for their wildshape and their familiar.  I was hoping that I could also allow them to see the game stats of that creature just by double clicking and hitting Alt. However, when I assign a token a pregenerated stat set (such as the rat from the Monster Manual) , it will no longer allow me to give control of that token to a player.  Is it possible to drop in a token, make it represent a creature so it has those stats, and then allow a player to move/control that token?
I don't know what character sheet you use, but the best way to handle that is to have individual sheets for those creatures (make sure they have unique names from other creatures of the same type) and assign those sheets to the respective players.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Once the creature has been dropped into your campaign, shift-doubleclick the token or open the sheet in your journals tab. Press the "Edit" button at the upper right of the journal's header. Give control to the player in both of the control fields and save. They will now be able to control any token that represents that character.
Thanks Keith. This seems to work, but I only see one control field. Follow up question: If I give a player control of multiple tokens, and Dynamic lighting is available, will the second token allow them to see in multiple locations?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Only if a token they control has sight. Then yes, they will see through all such tokens simultaneously. And yeah, there's only one control field, but if you put their name into both fields, it will show up in the journal tab and allow them to edit without the token being placed, or to drop the token on the VTT themselves.
As always, Thank you Keith! King of the forum!