Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More than 1 character sheet template

Score + 91
I would like to suggest we have more than 1 character sheet template (or similar customizable object) available at each game. This has the potential of improve a lot of game systems since many times we need to track more things than just the characters. ...for example, long home made campaign could benefit from a city-sheet in addition to player's character sheet; this city-sheet could hold good amount of organized data about each the cities visited during the campain, including the possibility of having random generators, list of important building and events, etc. These extra sheets would be customizable as the current chraracter sheet it (with the right subscription tier one would be able to make its own custom sheet).
75 views and only one "+1"... Maybe my suggestion was not that useful as I imagined. =]

Edited 1574421584
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Don't debate the suggestion's merit, and don't discuss why it will or will not happen. That stifles conversation in the Suggestions Forum. This rule essentially restrict me from replying to this suggestion, and I'm probably not the only one. Maybe my suggestion was not that useful as I imagined. =] Most people don't have too many votes to share, and IIRC free users start with 0 or 1 vote, so this can well been seen by many who don't have a vote to spare. This suggestion could well be useful, but it doesn't have to correlate with how requested/wanted it is. Many technical/character sheet related suggestions doesn't gain too many votes. Workaround: As you're a Pro user, you could use the Tabs implementation to add a extra page to any character sheet you use in your game, and add info fields for the kind of info city-centric info you're looking for. There exist some character sheet that does contains "extra" space for that kind of info, but probably few if none with the breath you're looking for. If you manage to create a "City" info tab well, you could fairly easy apply it to some other sheet later after you managed to get the first implementation working. It's also quite possible there already exist near-identical suggestion, but with a different example. Pretty sure I've seen this been brought up a couple of times before(could be outside the Suggestion Forums, not sure)
As another example, or set of examples, Pathfinder Adventure Paths have often introduced non-character Stat sheets specific to and needed for the campaign.  Jade Regent: Caravans Serpent's Skull: Expeditions Skull & Shackles: Pirate Ships/Fleets Kingmaker: Kingdom and Army sheets Hell's Rebels: Rebel Organization Ironfang Invasion: Militia force (rules elements explained in the Lands of Conflict supplement)  The Tabs work-around would likely be more suitable for Downtime tracking (from the Ultimate Campaign rulebook, which adds a new "page" for Downtime to the Character record/folio). 
This would be essential for a WoD game where the players have different character types (e.g Vampire or Mage).

Edited 1578388843
Gold
Forum Champion
This would let me run D&D 5E, Pathfinder, or other "official" modules but use a more simple character sheet system for the Players. So the built-in monsters would still have all the nice stats and rolls and info from the Module.  But it could be running in a more basic or more old-school game system at the same time, or just a simplified Custom sheet based on the same game (for kids, or tailored for my house rules, or made especially for introducing new players).

Edited 1578225754
This would allow me to switch to a new and better supported sheet for my players and keep the old monster characters.  +1
Pathfinder: Ultimate Campaign would benefit from this, as it adds three different sheets that aren't characters (Kingdom sheet, Downtime Tracker sheet, Army sheet)
This would be good
I would love the option to run a pathfinder adventure using the D&D 5E rules; specifically Rise of the Runelords. Even if Paizo would sell a shell of the campaign, just including maps, tokens and adventure text; but no links to the compendium - that would be great. I'd be happy to link all these assets up to the 5E compendium myself if that was the case. However a version that supports multiple sheets would be much better. 
I want to make sheets for vehicles, NPCs, classes... so many ways the game could be more efficient with multiple sheets per game.
In certain RPGs like the Pokémon Tabletop United game, this would be really helpful, where characters and pokémon follow different rules that would be easy to confuse on the same sheet. For most games, where there's a difference between NPCs and PCs, having a different sheet for both would streamline them a lot.
Dig this idea, perhaps as another field in the 'Edit [Character]' menu, so that you could switch between sheets on the fly with the same character. 
While some sheet designers have found ways around this (see the Blades in the Dark sheet which includes Crew and Factions sheets), I could see there being some benefit to allowing "secondary sheets" into the game.
This would be really handy when running modules, but players prefer non official sheets
This would allow me to much more easily use Matt Colville's Mass Combat system that is designed to work with D&D 5E but uses very different stat sheets for mass combat encounters.
Skylar Dash said: This would allow me to much more easily use Matt Colville's Mass Combat system that is designed to work with D&D 5E but uses very different stat sheets for mass combat encounters. This is exactly why I came here. +1
Got my first +1 because it just doesn't make sense to me that we can't use more than a single kind of character sheet, especially when some systems like the ones mentioned here and a system I am running uses more than one kind of sheet for different things.
Allan said: This would be essential for a WoD game where the players have different character types (e.g Vampire or Mage). I was hunting this down to say the exact thing. Our group plays WoD across the spectrum of "species?" and would love to see the ability to use multiple sheets (up to maybe 3 or 4 different ones). Put in a submenu when creating the character sheet with a pulldown that lists all the potential options?
Sure. If only to show that I would be in support for the work that it would entail. +1
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Rago said: I would like to suggest we have more than 1 character sheet template (or similar customizable object) available at each game. This has the potential of improve a lot of game systems since many times we need to track more things than just the characters. ...for example, long home made campaign could benefit from a city-sheet in addition to player's character sheet; this city-sheet could hold good amount of organized data about each the cities visited during the campain, including the possibility of having random generators, list of important building and events, etc. These extra sheets would be customizable as the current chraracter sheet it (with the right subscription tier one would be able to make its own custom sheet). Should have rather upvote already created, but I will vote here as well hopefully we can get one of these high enough so they will finally resolve this. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6493089/multiple-sheets-in-a-game/?pageforid=8892776#post-8892776" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6493089/multiple-sheets-in-a-game/?pageforid=8892776#post-8892776</a>
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Guys if you voted for this feature please also vote for the older post on similar topic so we do not end up splitting votes across two issues when it is the same. We need a certain number of votes before ROLL20 team looks at a suggestion. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6493089/multiple-sheets-in-a-game" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6493089/multiple-sheets-in-a-game</a>
IMO, it would be best to ask Roll20 to close the other thread instead of keeping both, or possibly combining the two if they can. Keeping two open threads will always make it possible for a user to vote for one but not the other (and some people only have one vote). If there is only one thread, with all the votes, it increases the chances of getting to 200 votes.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Rabulias said: IMO, it would be best to ask Roll20 to close the other thread instead of keeping both, or possibly combining the two if they can. Keeping two open threads will always make it possible for a user to vote for one but not the other (and some people only have one vote). If there is only one thread, with all the votes, it increases the chances of getting to 200 votes. Or maybe close the threat that should not have been open as it is similar to a previous suggestion?&nbsp;
It seems you are more interested in having your own thread than having this feature move forward. Fine. I have no vested interest in one thread over the other except the number of votes. I just want one, consolidated suggestion.
I would love to buy and run many pathfinder modules but play them as 5e games.
Gold
Forum Champion
Roll20 is talking about Character Sheet developments on the PRO-user forum. T <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9750846/now-on-dev-server-character-sheet-enhancements" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9750846/now-on-dev-server-character-sheet-enhancements</a> Will this current Suggestion thread become possible now? Juniper L. &nbsp;said: Here is a not-quite-exhaustive list of the some of the awesome changes that we are implementing, which also address a few of your most-requested suggestions in the forums: A new, less restrictive HTML sanitization system, which now allows for: Accessibility enhancements: ARIA and semantic HTML support No pre-pending of “sheet-” to classes Unique identifiers (id=””) in HTML elements
Divers
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 I have so many things to track as a GM and would love to be able to implement trackers, and macros for them. I am using pen and paper (omg !) to track those. I would love several character sheet templates in the same campaign.
Phil. H.
Pro
Translator
+1

Edited 1619197071
+1 This is a fantastic idea and would help with some of my homebrew setting stuff. And it would allow me to run pathfinder modules I like in 5e, and vice versa.