Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat window not working

Edited 1593616644
In my Rise of the Runelords game, it seems that the Chat window has stopped working and isn't updating. It's still working in my other 2 games. The "View all chat entries for this game" has all the entries correctly shown, including new entries that aren't appearing in the normal Chat window.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This looks like a corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I'm the GM of this game. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Is it possible to backup and restore the Chat Log? Some of my players like to review earlier chats.

Edited 1593625987
You can backup/save the Chat Archive in two ways: 1) save the chat archive outside of Roll20. The chat archive can be shown on a single browser page via the details page of the campaign. Access it via the sub menu of Content button. click the button 'Show on one Page' and then save when the full chat is loaded. 2) create a copy of the campaign and look at chat via the copy of the campaign. Restoring is AFAIK not possible
Thank you. Deleting the chat history corrected the issue.