Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Community Sheet Template Output Issues

Hi there. My players and I have been using the Pathfinder Community Sheet. Everyone, including myself, uses the sheet buttons which populate the list of API command buttons in chat. These all work fine, except when using spells. Whenever a spell is selected using the API command buttons, the pf_spell template always shows Spell Resistance as 0, and if the text in the Save field is too long, the text will just not be shown. I've been able to work around this by manually inputting SR and Saves in the macro section for each spell, but it's getting to be a lot of work for every enemy that can cast spells, as well as keeping up with spellcasters in the party levelling up and gaining new spells. Is there a fix for this?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Marek, I'm not able to reproduce this... ;-(  Can you post a screenshot?  Does this only happen if you cast the spell from the spellbook chat menu? The spell resistance roll should be 1d20+caster level.  Hovering over the roll should show the details.  (ie caster level is "6" in the image below.) This can also be modified using the Spell Penetration field/attribute which is found under the "Level and Caster Ability>Roll Adjustments" sub-section.  (ie "99" in the screenshot below.) If you have long text in the Save field, it "should" simply wrap to a new line.  (ie "La La La La La La La Reflex half" in the screenshot below.)

Edited 1594430025
Hi Vince, Yes. This only happens when casting a spell from the spellbook chat menu. Here is what happen when rolling from the sheet. SR shows, but saving throw info doesn't because it is too long. Here's what happens when rolling from the spellbook in chat. SR shows as 0, and saving throw still doesn't show because it is too long. Here's what happens when I shorten the text for saving throw.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you use the regular template for spells instead of the simplified one, does it change anything?  You can change the template from the settings page.  Also, does this also happen with a brand new spell as well?  
This happens with brand new spells, and on new character sheets. I am using the regular template. Switching to the simple template doesn't seem to work either.

Edited 1594485610
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Saves show info for me regardless of length.  Long continuous blocks of text could push the result off-screen.  Not sure if this is what is causing the issue for you...  but I should be able to make an adjustment in the css for that.  ie word-break: break-word; I am able to get the the chat menu button to show spell resistance:0  when using the spellbook. The chat menu buttons simply executes the sheet roll by it's attribute roll name.  It executes the same macro-text as pushing the button directly from the sheet, so there shouldn't be any difference from the two.  I'm still investigating.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe the  Spell Resistance :  0 is a very old bug due to the fact there's an existing attribute @{sr} used on the Defense tab as well as one used within repeating_spells. Using the same attribute name inside and outside a repeating section can cause issues for sheetworkers that listen for changes to that attribute.  Duplicate(or more...) attribute names can cause events to trigger on changes to either attribute. That's not an issue here, however there appears to be another issue; rolls made from outside the repeating section first look outside the repeating section for an attribute if it exists and use it's value. So while the API command button from the spellbook triggers the repeating_spells macro-text, it's using the non-repeating version of @{sr} which is "0" by default. The best option is probably to create a migration update that copies the non-repeating @{sr} value to a new attribute ie "@{spell_reistance}".  I'll see if there's any other options, but I think a migration function is in order.