Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Using roll20 in a TotM game.

So my game has been moving more towards the Theater of the Mind gameplay and recently we've come to decision to ditch the battlegrid. So here i the question: what have you done to use roll20 creatively in a non battlemap way? Ive started with creating a battlemat, a place for tokens to go, with party members, allies and enemies. I've also experimented with building some set pieces for NPC conversations. Below is one of my "sensor screens". What have you done? This doesn't have to be just TotM games, just what have you done that is not battlemap related?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Something similar to what you are doing. I haven't bothered with a battlemat but scene pics I've started using instead of maps. It seems the players get more into the story than the mechanics.