Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Query only first name in macro

Is it possible to query only the first name of a character when a player writes in a first and last name: Est Volkara. While I can use "Est Volkara", no other player is using a last name, and I'm a bit of stickler for formatting with my macros (i.e. the macro return should only list the character's first name). This is the macro I'm currently using to pull perception: {{Est Volkara=[[1d20+@{Est Volkara|perception}]]}} If I try {{Est=[[1d20+@{Est|perception}]]}}, it breaks because there is no character named "Est". So, is there a language or switch to match what I'm trying to get? Thanks.

Edited 1594011726
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately no. Attribute calls have very specific rules and you cant get around them in a macro. In theory it would be possible to do this with an API Script, but in practice, it's probably not practical, because you'd need to run every roll and macro differently for that one character. If it bothers you, the best solution is to rename the player's character sheet to a single name, but leave the full name in any name field on the characetr sheet and tokens.