Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Bestiary as Compendium -> Problems with "Bubbles"

Edited 1594051857
Hi, perhaps i am just too stupid but i have a serious problem. I have bought the Pathfinder bestiary and use it as a compedium. System: Pathfinder 2 using the pathfinder 2 Roll20 Sheet Problem: i drop more than one monster token from the compendium on the map. In this example three times the wolf. I colored them red, blue and green. If the red wolf got any damage, it is subtracted from all three wolfs. What am I doing wrong? If the Monster is dead and i remove the token, the 0 HPs are saved and the next time i drag the same monster it has 0 HPs I understand, that they are linked...but it can't be the solution to go into the token settings...."unlink" it.....and then to copy it ten times if you like to have 10 wolfs on the map :(  and....IF i unlink it, i can't use the NPC sheet for rolling attacks...because there is no sheet anymore It's my first compendium so the it is perhaps just my fault..... Thank you in advance!

Edited 1594052411
Kavini
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You need to unlink the token's hitpoints from the bar. Basically, what's happening here, is that you have set up a token that links to the character sheet. So when you update the token's health, it updates the character sheet's hitpoints value, which in turn is updated on the other tokens. Instead, what you want to do is link the token's bar, and the token will update from the sheet, and then unlink it again. The token will then 'remember' how many hit points it has, but won't be able to send changes to the sheet, essentially acting independently. EDIT: I tested this; and it appears like tokens are incorrectly dragging from the Compendium. I've passed this information on.
Thank you for the quick reply......is there anyone knowing a macro i can use for unlinking a bar? It seems not very functional to do this for 10 Goblins manually
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
That's manual work, unless you use TokenMod API script or something similar to quicken it up. For 10 tokens it's quicker to do it manually, but learning to use TokenMod could save you time in token-related stuff in general and in the future.
Mik H.
Forum Champion
As a pro user, you can use tokenmod API script to do so for selected tokens. I believe the command would be !token-mod bar1_link| leaving it empty after the pipe character. That said, check the documentation on that script to make sure.
Kavini
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The other thing I'll note is that if you do it once, and then re-save the default token , you can drag as many as you like from the journal with this set correctly.
Thank you very much for your quick reply !!!! Thank you also for your work arounds.....but i think, it would be more user (and of course customer!) friendly, if you can drag monsters from the compendium without having to "unlink" them each (especially if you are not a pro user and can't use TokenMod to reduce the work). I am no programmer but i think, this is possible. if you have to "rebuy" a book you already have, this has to be a feature included (actually it was one of two criteria for me to rebuy the book.....if i knew that it is so much work to drag "10 Goblins" i wouldn't have bought it again). I think, with a feature like "drag n drop infinite numbers without extra work" (and a good marketing around it) you would sell a lot more of the "Monster Manuals"....just my 2 cents But nonetheless....thanx again for the immediate response! CRM +  :-)

Edited 1594062835
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
pretty sure monsters from compendiums are meant to be unlinked by default(that's how its with the 5e compendium), or you can change this to be default in the sheet/token default setting in campaign management.

Edited 1594068255
Kavini
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Andreas is correct, this should absolutely work this way and did the last time I played Pathfinder 2 on Roll20. As stated above, I have submitted a bug report with the sheet developer to get this resolved.
Nic B. said: Andreas is correct, this should absolutely work this way and did the last time I played Pathfinder 2 on Roll20. As stated above, I have submitted a bug report with the sheet developer to get this resolved. Again...thank you very much !!!!! Great to have such a quick response and help !!!!!
Andreas J. said: pretty sure monsters from compendiums are meant to be unlinked by default(that's how its with the 5e compendium), or you can change this to be default in the sheet/token default setting in campaign management. That was my thought too....i cleared all "Bar Configs" from the Sheet in the Campaign Settings....no effect