Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

change text of Partial Spell Desciption

Good Afternoon All, I was wondering is there a way to choose what the partial spell desciption option in the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet? Above is what currently gets displayed by Eldritch Blast. I was hoping to have it say "A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range." without having to change the entire desciption. Thank you in advance for your input.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like the image dropped from your post? Not sure what you are referring to.

Edited 1594687795
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Partial description just outputs the Spell Attack field and the Target field. You're better off either: - using the full description area. Just drag a new spell from the Compendium if you want the normal description back - use the description area in the Attacks & Spellcasting area on the Core tab, and roll your spells from here, not from the Spells tab. If you put something in here, and leave full description ON in the Spells tab, you will get your custom text, then the Higher Level functionality (if present in the Spell entry). The vanilla spell description will not be removed this way, it stays in the Spell description field on the Spells tab. Removing your custom text from the Attacks & Spellcasting will allow the default text to display again. - make a custom macro. This is more customisable, as you can make use of the atk template description field (displays when you roll an attack), and the dmg template description field (only displays when you roll damage). 5e templates can also distinguish critical hits, so you can have a custom description field which only displays on rolling critical hit damage. If you're really set on the Partial description output, you'll have to throw your flavour text into the Target field on the Spells tab.
sorry about the image not working, it basically said to roll a spell attack when partial description was on, where as the very next line of the vanilla description was what i quoted. Oosh, thank you very much, I will use the attacks & spell casting area that seems like the easiest way of approaching this for my players.