Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Modifying the roll on a roll-able table

I'm only just starting to think high level on this idea. I've got a roll-able table and but I want to be able to push a modifier to the "roll" on the table. Specifically the table a d12+(PCs Proficiency Bonus)+(1/2 PCs wisdom bonus) - (GM assigned value) I'm envisioning this being a token macro that pushes the result to the table - but maybe its better left all contained within the macro? Anyone have any thoughts?
Thats sadly not possible. A rollable table always rolls itself without any modifiers. You'd need to write an API script for this. Or you'd need to make a table for each possible modifier. I used this for a weather macro where I made 5 different tables. A macro determins which table to call based on an attribute on a hidden character which is set when a new weather is rolled. Quite complex setup, if I'd do it again, I'd write a script.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I've done it Dannii's way and that works pretty well but it was a lot of typing and having to manually calculate different weights for each version of the table. But it's nice because you get a 1-line result. Another way to do this is write a macro that rolls the dice and applies the modifiers, then displays that result and the entire table. You see all the rows. Here's an example of a d20 fear table with +0 to +2 modifiers. &{template:info} {{item=Fear Table}} {{+?{Fear Modifier|0} fear roll=[[1d20 +?{Fear Modifier}]]. }} {{1–3=Adrenaline surge (Joker) }} {{4–6=Target Distracted }} {{7–9=Target Vulnerable }} {{10–12=Target Shaken }} {{13.=Mark of Fear: Target Stunned, cosmetic alteration }} {{14–15=Frightened: Target Hesitant for encounter, or Panicked }} {{16–17=Panicked: Target runs away, Shaken}} {{18–19=Target gains Minor Phobia Hindrance}} {{20–21=Target gain Major Phobia Hindrance}} {{22+=Heart Stutters: Target rolls Vigor-2. **Success**=Stunned. **Fail**=Incapacitated, dies in 2d6 [[2d6]] rounds, Healing -4 to save life but remains Incapacitated.}}
Thanks for the input all, and that code, Mike!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's an old script called (I think) Real Rollable Tables that lets you use tables and modifiers.

Edited 1594742797
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
There's a Lookup table script by TheAaron  here  that works great. Returns table item given an index (static or rolled). !lookup <TableName> <Index>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, forgot I wrote that... =D
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Haha, the pitfalls of being so prolific!
Thanks for this guys! I'll dig in.