Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Has Roll20 been having a chat issue?

Last week, my group and I encountered an issue where none of us could see or hear each other. We all made sure to reconnect multiple times and nothing helped. This has happened across three different games on three different days. I'm just wondering if roll20 has acknowledged the issue or if anyone else is experiencing the same?
we had the same issue finally gave up and used Steams voice chat instead
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Video and Voice on Roll20 have long been hit-or-miss. This is well-known and recognized. Some folks have no problem, others have nothing but. The only rule of thumb seems to be as connections go up, reliability goes down. Every group will find a sweet spot. Lots of folks just decide to use a third party app that specializes in such connectivity, such as Skype or Discord.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
If your games are intercontinental, like mine, you should never use the Roll20 chat. I started with Google Hangouts, and switched to Discord, which I'm still using for all my games. 

Edited 1594736091
i'm starting a new game  and various people in our group can't see each other in various combinations, however if you start the group chat in facebook messenger, then open roll 20, everyones avatars work fine and once chatting, we could close the facebook messenger app and roll 20 would continue to work fine for chat.  makes absolutely no sense at all, but was reproducible and repeatable , so we're going to apply the method as standard
if you need the chat and it is not work you need the GM to delete the chat history
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Allen S. said: if you need the chat and it is not work you need the GM to delete the chat history That is for text chat. The issue here is voice and video. Unless you are saying you have reproducible steps that deleting the chat history improves voice/video connectivity?