Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token bars not syncing up with values.

I keep pointing a token to a character and saying, "This bar is HP, this bar is AC" and they keep getting unmapped to none, so the values don't sync back and forth. No idea why this is happening.
Be sure that you link the AC and HP to the token then save it as the default token for the character. Think of this as saving your work.
Rabulias said: Be sure that you link the AC and HP to the token then save it as the default token for the character. Think of this as saving your work. Yes, I do this. It's not that when I drag a fresh token over, they're unlinked, I literally hit save changes on the token, update the HP on the token, see that the sheet isn't updating, open the token and see that they are unlinked again.
Is this for all characters or just some/one? Are you using a character sheet in this game? Which one?
Same issue here.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Mephystopheles said: Same issue here. In a quick look at that sheet in a game, I think the correct attribute for that field is all capitalized DEF.  It appears to be an autocalc field that doesn't populate on the Attributes & Abilities tab, so I don't think you can link to it with a token.
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, the field is defined as attr_DEF, but for some reason, Roll20 forces it as lowercase in the dropdown for token bars. Yet linking to such an auto-calc lowercased field was still working last week. Some change happened with the latest updates which broke the behaviour, so either such a change was not expected and we'd like to see the old behaviour returning back, or it was expected, and we'd like to be offered an alternate solution.
Hey all -  Would you mind providing me the name of a game in which you noticed this with, please? I'll further investigate this as soon as we can.
Hi, The campagn is called « Promenons nous dans les bois. » and it is using the « Chroniques Oubliées Fantasy» character sheet.
Hi, Exactly the same issue with my game named " COF - Laelith " using "Chroniques Oubliées Fantasy" character sheet too. When I try to link "init" or "def" variables in my token for recet character sheets , it doesn't link them any longer. Strangely, it still work with some old character sheets.
I reported this earlier but just wanted to share this was the same problem as 1st posted here. Linked tokens to: Mutants & Masterminds 3.0 [ Adventure Site A ,  Adventure Site B ] Specific fields / attributes specified but no values transferred to tokens
Hey folks -  I just wanted to update you that we have a ticket going to investigate and address this issue. We'll let you know as soon as we have additional info to share. Thanks for your reports and patience!
+1 Seeing the same with the D&D 3.5 character sheet.
It appears as though this is broken for 3.5 character sheet also.  Armorclass and hitpoints do not sync.
Having this same issue with 3.5 PC sheets, hopefully a fix is on the way.
Yeah, in my game (3.5) the armorclass won't sync. My game is called Campilorn.
Same here M&M 3e game Training Grounds. Additionally players can't control their tokens unless I "disconnect" them from the sheet and manually set the token control to the player.
I think I'm experiencing this with a 5e game of 'Storm King's Thunder'. Everything works fine until I try and pull a new instance of the PC from the side bar (on a new map, for example), then hp, ac and other_resource are no longer assigned to the corresponding value bars (green, blue and red, respectively). So long as I continue to use the same instance of the PC token, it works fine. I can even copy it from one map and paste it into another, if necessary, with no issues. Changing the values on the character sheet or on the token synchronises with the other, no issue. It's just when I pull a new instance of it from the sidebar, the values are no longer assigned to synchronise.
Max S. said: I think I'm experiencing this with a 5e game of 'Storm King's Thunder'. Are you using the D&D 5e by Roll20 Character Sheet? If so, be sure you save the token as the default token after linking the bars to attributes. When you save a token as the default, it preserves it as it is at that moment. Any future changes to the token do not carry over to the default unless you save it as default again.
Rabulias said: Max S. said: I think I'm experiencing this with a 5e game of 'Storm King's Thunder'. Are you using the D&D 5e by Roll20 Character Sheet? If so, be sure you save the token as the default token after linking the bars to attributes. When you save a token as the default, it preserves it as it is at that moment. Any future changes to the token do not carry over to the default unless you save it as default again. Max S. said: I think I'm experiencing this with a 5e game of 'Storm King's Thunder'. Everything works fine until I try and pull a new instance of the PC from the side bar (on a new map, for example), then hp, ac and other_resource are no longer assigned to the corresponding value bars (green, blue and red, respectively). So long as I continue to use the same instance of the PC token, it works fine. I can even copy it from one map and paste it into another, if necessary, with no issues. Changing the values on the character sheet or on the token synchronises with the other, no issue. It's just when I pull a new instance of it from the sidebar, the values are no longer assigned to synchronise. I think he covered that, it's R20 not the users at this point.

Edited 1593216416
If Max S is using the official D&D 5e By Roll20 sheet, and has set the default token correctly, then it is a different problem than this thread is talking about. The official Roll20 sheet does not use autocalc values (at least not for anything I would imagine linking to a token bar). The symptoms described sound like an incompletely configured default token.
Has this problem been fixed? or is a fix incoming?? i have had this problem with my 3e sheets for almost 2 months i think.. ever since the dynamic lighting update..
it happened to me it only let my lower it but not incress it
Yeah I'm having a similar problem & R20 is being extremely buggy. I'm having to close the character sheet after every change for it to save. To switch pages inside a character sheet I gotta hit the new page, close it & reopen it for it to change. Having this problem on 2 different browsers, cookies & cache are cleared, don't know what's going on
Nicholas said: Hey all -  Would you mind providing me the name of a game in which you noticed this with, please? I'll further investigate this as soon as we can. Same problem, with Star Wars Saga Edition
Hello, I am having the same issue, where linked value are not updated (if calculated). I use the MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing game) character sheet.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/MERP/merp_2nd_ed_sheet.html" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/MERP/merp_2nd_ed_sheet.html</a>
Having the exact same issue using the Star Wars Saga Edition character sheet, for several months now as well. Somewhere soon after Hit Points in the drop-down list, the values stop syncing properly. I've gotten them to sync quite randomly once or twice, but I can never reproduce it. <a href="https://github.com/alicia86/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Star%20Wars%20Saga%20Edition" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/alicia86/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Star%20Wars%20Saga%20Edition</a>
Nicholas said: Hey all -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me the name of a game in which you noticed this with, please? I'll further investigate this as soon as we can. Sorry, didn't see this:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1813997/star-wars-dawn-of-defiance" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1813997/star-wars-dawn-of-defiance</a>