Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

AD&D 2e?

If I hypothetically were to start a 2nd Edition AD&D campaign, would there be interest?

Edited 1594829042
Hello, I would be interested. Didn't we play together late last year? I could be mistaken.
Interesting.  What kind of campaign setup are you thinking of, and what potential day/time ranges? Also, strictly 2e or any of the other TSR editions too?
@Acoustic Fox, I wasn't playing on roll20 late last year. I started playing regularly when the quarantine began. @Markus, 2e and maybe some stuff from 1e. It's not really that defined yet. Probably my homebrew world but I am open to Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, or Greyhawk. Don't care for Dragonlance.
Nice, nice... I don't have any preference for official worlds much myself, rather am more used to playing DM-created worlds/campaigns anyways. (No, not that kind of exotic homebrew stuff that 5e is filled with, but the original town/lands/setting of the traditional D&D games back then. ;))  And, though I liked Forgotten Realms novels, I never liked Dragonlance. An interesting side note - Though I played the BECMI (you know the 5 box sets?) D&D for many years, I never even knew the official world of that edition was called Mystara until just very recently when someone mentioned it to me. ;P  I don't think that name was ever mentioned in the rule books even once actually.  Hehehe.
Mystara stated to get it's name near when the Gazetteers started coning out for BECMI. The first one for Karameikos  brought together the story of the earlier modules together to make a history for the region. Mystera was mentioned earlier in some modules but to me that is when it really started to come together as a campaign setting. You can't go wrong with B1-B9.
Originally when I was playing AD&D 2e in jr. high/high school & beyond, I had a homebrew setting but also mixed in a remixed version of spelljammer and the characters had a lot of missions on Athas (Dark Sun). A link developed between that and my world that was never explored as fully as I wanted to.
It is a shame that Spelljammer is pretty non-existent in 5e besides a few nods here and there  
I would be hypothetically interested, not a master of the system or anything but have a decent understanding of it.

Edited 1594888762
Depending on when you plan to hold it, I would love to play. :) I could reprise my Human "Ice-Magic" Wizard. :)
Depending upon the time, I would be very interested. It's been decades since I have had to calculate Thacos lol
Are you familiar with this group?&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/13394/inn-of-the-welcome-wench-roll-20-ad-and-d-2-e-hang-out-and-meet-up-group-a-place-for-1-and-2-edition-players-to-gather" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/13394/inn-of-the-welcome-wench-roll-20-ad-and-d-2-e-hang-out-and-meet-up-group-a-place-for-1-and-2-edition-players-to-gather</a> It's a good place to find players for 2e &amp; older editions.
I'd be interested. I own a lot of ADnD materials IRL but never got to play them proper (always converted them to Pathfinder since everyone I play with are babies who can't learn a system outside of 5e)&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
I want to play! I'm in a couple of AD&amp;D 2E games on here already. And we have player openings for Dark Sun 2e. Very interested to meet you all, who still play AD&amp;D game
Late to answer, but I'd absolutely be interested in an AD&amp;D campaign, particularly a long term one going up to the high levels! I have the full collection of AD&amp;D books over on FG, but forming a group for a campaign has been tough. If you should decide to go ahead, then by all means, drop me a line. Thanks, and looking forward to joining others who love the ruleset! Also glad to see my friend Gold here. :)
I'd be interested in a forgotten realms 2nd edition game.&nbsp;&nbsp;
So I'm definitely interested in a 2nd edition game, I haven't played 2E since I was a kid first starting out and would love some more information if you can send a PM!