Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow the option for the turn tracker to be seen by the GM only

I would like to hide the turn tracker from players view if possible, this would a GM choice and could be changed during the game.  here is my reasons I do not want the players seeing me setting it up. In horror setting I do not want my players to see each others initiative...adds a little mystery to it. it takes up table space...some of my players play on laptops and it takes screen space.
A good suggestion! As a rough workaround, free users can manually create an initiative list on the GM Layer. A Plus or Pro user can use Dynamic Lighting and wall off a portion of the map to put your custom turn order in so you can see it, but players cannot.
I agree with this. The work around kinda sorta works, but does mean more work for manually entering stuff, and it's very nice to have the init list update and jump down to when it's the next ones turn, and the ability where you can add effects that have times, like adding a spell that will last for 10 rounds, which will automatically count down in the initiative field. Which you'd have to manually keep track on with Rabulias suggestion. So.. it's an okay workaround, but I'd really like to just be able to hide it from players, maybe even hide specific things in it from the players. Would be so nice!
I did say it was a rough workaround. :-) As for hiding individual Turn Tracker entries, there is a workaround for that too, and it is a little smoother. Turn entries for tokens on the GM Layer will not show in the Turn Tracker to players. As a Pro user, you can use The Aaron's AICT (Add Invisible Custom Turn) API script (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389</a>) which automates the creation of the token and adding the turn on the Turn Tracker.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .