Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer never completes

Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
I can generally do most of what I want with Charactermancer, but when it comes time to apply changes it will never completely finish. I can hit Edit at this point, and many of the selected abilities, skills, etc. are present in the character, but not everything. I use Chrome on a WIndows Box I have disabled all adware plugins for roll20.net.  I still have the following add-ins enabled: hangouts, adobe pdf, perfect pixel, and stylus. When I create a character, I DO use custom languages and custom races, but no other custom changes.   The custom languages, btw, do show up in the final version - at least some of them, but not necessarily all of them.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do you have the sheet popped out in its own window?  That breaks a bunch of the scripts that run the charactermancer, drag/drop from the compendium, etc.  There is an option in game settings that automatically pops the sheet out when you open it.  If you have that set, disable it until you have made your character, since the sheet still needs to be embedded in the VTT for the charactermancer to work right.
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
Kraynic said: Do you have the sheet popped out in its own window?  That breaks a bunch of the scripts that run the charactermancer, drag/drop from the compendium, etc.  There is an option in game settings that automatically pops the sheet out when you open it.  If you have that set, disable it until you have made your character, since the sheet still needs to be embedded in the VTT for the charactermancer to work right. Yes, I pretty much always use popped-out sheets. You are correct.   When I did not pop out the charactermancer, it worked fine. Thanks for the help!
A number of Roll20 features and functions do not work when character sheets are in a separate browser window. See here for more details: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window</a>
Andy H.
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for the info and link. It is pretty lame that it doesn't work when popped out (read: bug), but I do appreciate the information.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure it is a bug.&nbsp; It might just be a browser limitation.