Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Starfinder] Displaying Save Modifiers

I have a player who has a +2 bonus against charm and compulsion effects.  I was thinking they could display "+2 bonus against charm and compulsion effects" under their Will window where the character name is but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there an easier way to do this?

Edited 1595295264
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That can definitely be achieved, but it means running a macro instead of clicking on the sheet whenever you need a Will save. Here is the section of the wiki with the template you're using (I think). At a guess, either the {{name}}, {{characterid}} or {{rightbanner}} will be the field you're looking for. If you mouse over the bit on the character sheet, does a hover pop-up tell you the name of the Attribute? If not, you'll have to find it on the Attributes & Abilities page. The second thing we need is the macro output. After you do that Will saving throw above, click the cursor into the chat bar, push the UP key, then copy and paste the code into notepad or similar (or here, if you need a hand). You'll then need to change the @{character_name} reference to whatever the Attribute name from above is. You'd then need to save that as a macro and run it instead of clicking on the sheet when you roll a save. If you wanted to permanently change the behaviour of the sheet for anyone who uses it, that's custom character sheet territory.
Oosh, thanks for the info.  Now I am wondering if what I want isn't possible. I have a macro for rolling the saves that I use as a Token Action: /w @{character_name} &{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{characterid=@{character_id}}} {{title=SAVES}} {{buttons1=[FORT](~selected|fort) | [REF](~selected|ref) | [WILL](~selected|will)}} What I guess I am shooting for is to define the style of the call from the buttons.  Can you nest a template inside of a template? The way I want the template to look is: /w @{character_name} &{template:sf_generic} {{name=+2 against Charm or Suggestion}} {{characterid=@{character_id}}} {{title=Will by @{selected|character_name}}} {{r1name=Check}} {{r1= [[1d20+@{perception}]]}} So it would look like this: This is something I want to call as a Token Action.   I guess I could make one for each of the save types but I was hoping to condense it down to one token button.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I have never used that sheet or system, but it looks like there is a notes section of the template available according to the help desk article:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039141874#appendix-c-roll-templates-0-38" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039141874#appendix-c-roll-templates-0-38</a> You would need to write your own macro for the save that includes the call for the notes section, since I'm assuming the sheet doesn't have a way to input notes for the saves (which is too bad since the pathfinder 1e sheet does).&nbsp; There isn't some cog that shows up on mouse hover for adding notes to saves?&nbsp; Anyway, you can create a custom attribute on the attributes and abilities tab, put your notes in there, and then use that attribute in the notes section of the roll template/macro to pull and display those notes.
Yep, the save_notes was the way to do it.&nbsp; You learn something new every day. :) Thanks for all of the help. BTW Kraynic, fantastic avatar picture.&nbsp; That is a great album.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
From the days when interesting album art was still a thing.&nbsp; And there was large enough packaging to actually see the interesting art.&nbsp; :p
Very true.