Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Heroes Unlimited 2E] Sheet released

Edited 1595354324
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It is now listed in the drop down under the "Palladium Megaverse" category.&nbsp; The documentation/release notes tab has a roll button with a link to the wiki page so that you can get the link at any time in game.&nbsp; That link should take you here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Heroes_Unlimited_2E" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Heroes_Unlimited_2E</a> Let me know if you find any problems with the sheet, or if the wiki is missing info you are looking for. Edit:&nbsp; When I have time, I plan on putting some examples for using the Universal Chat Menu script on the wiki.&nbsp; Hopefully I will get to that within a week.

Edited 1595456162
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Copied from the campaign forum of the test game: Hey, I am using your sheet for an upcoming one-shot and I'm having a couple of bugs. I'm setting up attacks on the main character page. The Ranged Attacks work great, no issues there. However, when I set up melee attacks, I'm getting two errors when using the strike button. The first is " SyntaxError: Expected [0-9] but "B" (or the first letter of the character name) found ." This makes a call to the character name, but only works if I change the character name to a single digit number. The second is " No attribute was found for @{|hth_critical} ". This might just be me not knowing how to fix this second problem. The hth_critical issue is a mistake on my part.&nbsp; The strike roll is pulling a value from your hand to hand combat skill to use as the critical strike threshold so that attack rolls will automatically outline in green on a crit.&nbsp; When the sheet started, I was using @{hth_critical}, but that changed as the sheet developed.&nbsp; Instead of creating an entirely new character in the public game, I just transmogged the one out of my sheet creation sandbox.&nbsp; Unfortunately, that character predated the attribute change, so it threw no errors because hth_critical existed in the sheet data.&nbsp; I'll submit a fix for that, but it won't go live until next week.&nbsp; I'll post code to a separate github folder so that those that have a pro account can get the fix to the strike roll earlier.&nbsp; For me, that clears up both those errors on the strike button. There is another problem, but it is more minor.&nbsp; The sheetworker that is triggered by the hand to hand combat skill toggle in the combat maneuvers section was only set to run when you changed that toggle.&nbsp; Since I had set default values in the html, I didn't think I would have to have it run on sheet open.&nbsp; For some reason, the defaults don't seem to be reliable, so you may get an error that your dodge attribute doesn't exist, for example.&nbsp; @{dodge} is supposed to have a default value of @{hth1_dodge}(hand to hand skill 1 dodge bonus) and switch to @{hth2_dodge}(hand to hand skill 2 dodge bonus) if you have changed the toggle to HtH 2.&nbsp; Since it doesn't seem to be respecting the default value set in the html, the work around is to switch that toggle to the HtH 2 and back to HtH 1, everything is fine.&nbsp; I will set that sheetworker to also run when the sheet opens to be sure those combat attributes are set as they should be.&nbsp; That particular issue seems to go away for me in a quick test.&nbsp; That change will be reflected in the code I post to github and the update for next week.

Edited 1595457397
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The updated code with those changes can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/Kraynic/HU2" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Kraynic/HU2</a> Edit: For those that have a pro account, but haven't used custom sheet code, there is a "Custom" option right below "None" at the top of the character sheet drop down in game settings.&nbsp; Once you have it set to Custom, there will be a place to enter your html and css.&nbsp; When you get the files from Github, when you open each one there will be a list of options along the top.&nbsp; Select "raw".&nbsp; Then you can control+a (or whatever on your operating system) to copy it all in one go.&nbsp; Paste each file in the tab labeled for that file type in Roll20 and hit save way down at the bottom of the Game Settings page.&nbsp; As simple as that.&nbsp; If your game was open and running in another tab while you were doing this, you will need to refresh that tab for the changes to apply in game.
I found a few more bugs. First, there are two typos. Under the movement container on the main character page, vertical is misspelled. Under psionics, sensitive is misspelled. I'm also having an issue with the Psionics tab. I can click the checkbox for a category of psionics and I can enter information for one power. If I try to add a second power, I can fill in the name, but when I try to add additional information for that power, it disappears. No matter what I try, I can't get any of the psionic categories to hold more than one power. Spells seem to use a similar system, and those work just fine. Thanks again for everything you are doing!

Edited 1595545642
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have to check on vertical and sensitive on the other 2 sheets, since they are probably wrong there.&nbsp; (I feel like whining about the occasional strangeness of English and how sensative should be correct since sensation is correct.&nbsp; :p) I found the problem with those psionic repeating sections.&nbsp; Somehow I got a second underscore in the name of those 4 fieldsets.&nbsp; I double checked the rest of my repeating sections in case I did that anywhere else and found the powers (minor and super) were that way also.&nbsp; So those 6 repeating sections should all have had that same problem.&nbsp; Since I did change the (html) name of those repeating sections, the info you have entered in those fields will need to be reentered. I updated the code in the testing game and the above linked github file.&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; I should also say thanks for reporting the problems.&nbsp; I haven't played HU since the 90's.&nbsp; Since I'm not actually running games with this sheet (though I hope to eventually), it takes someone pointing out stuff that is wrong.&nbsp; The more things get thrown at me and patch here at the beginning, the quicker I can get things corrected and the fewer people will be exposed to my screwups!
Works perfectly now! Thanks again! I'll keep my eye open for more problems as I work on this one-shot.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The pull request was submitted yesterday and merged today.&nbsp; The update should be live on Roll20 some time tomorrow.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The public game is switched back to using what is live from the drop down list.&nbsp; I will leave it up another week or so in case other problems are found.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I still haven't used this sheet myself, and have been thinking about doing a TMNT style one shot with it at some point.&nbsp; I realized there isn't a place on the animal tab to note size category stat modifiers.&nbsp; I'm not sure if I will get it in this weekend, but I will add a text input field on the same line as the start/end size category fields.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I got this little change created and submitted over the weekend.&nbsp; The place to store your size category stat modifiers should go live sometime tomorrow.