Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't drag some tokens onto the map

Every once in a while I get a token I just can't drag onto the map It doesn't matter WHERE i grab it from (although sometimes i can grab it from the bars and sometimes i can grab them from the name but not vice versa) The ownerships and permissions don't matter: sometimes it happens to tokens a player imports to my table, sometimes it happens to a token I just made. Any idea why this pops up at random? And how to fix it?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I would usually say it's when you're grabbing it by the icon, it won't work, as that's only used for sorting it in the folders.  Do you have any errors in the javascript Console when it fails?

Edited 1595401000
That is not the issue and i specified that that was not the issue There is no error. It simply doesn't appear on the map.
Is this happening to any other players or only to you? Is it happening in any other games, or only a specific one? The only time I can think of having a similar issue is when my computer or Roll20 is lagging out, so possibly it's a memory/resource issue of some kind.  Do you notice a lag in opening character sheets or any other actions around the same time as trying to pull out the token?  Have you noticed any time(s) of day or days of the week that it seems to happen?  Lastly, are you using Updated Dynamic Lighting or anything else that might be slowing things down? Sorry that I can't be more helpful - I haven't had your specific experience, but maybe these questions can help you narrow down the issue.
Always drag by the name to the VTT. Is this happening in both Chrome and Firefox? Have you tried connecting in an Incognito/Private Browsing browser session? Are you dragging from a journal entry or a Compendium entry? Is there a default token set for the sheet? Are you dragging it to the Object/Token Layer?