Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My webcam shows a black vertical bar to the left side, chrome

I've been using roll20 on chrome for years, week after week. Randomly, last night appeared this black bar on chrome and it won't get away. The webcam works fine, I tried roll20 on firefox and it works, I also unistalled and re-installed chrome and it will still show me that damned bar. What can I do?
Looks like a similar issue reported here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8526580/white-bar-to-the-left-of-my-video-screen" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8526580/white-bar-to-the-left-of-my-video-screen</a> You may want to follow the troubleshooting/bug reporting suggestions there and post to that thread.
Chad B. Permalink &nbsp; Quote &nbsp; Report after doing&nbsp; a little digging I went into google.&nbsp; &nbsp;go to the linear 3 dots on the top right of any google web page next to your browser bar.&nbsp; mini window opens and go to settings near the bottom and open.&nbsp; then open advanced settings, then system.&nbsp; turn on "Use hardware acceleration when available" and hit relaunch.&nbsp; should reload and fix the problem.&nbsp; worked for me last night.&nbsp; hope this helps you all out as well
@brad Good call, on HW acceleration. Worked for me. I'm going to add words people may google to find this. Roll20 black bar webcam chrome fixed web cam off set roll20 web cam cut off on roll20.net
Thanks to everyone, this worked for me. Vertical bar cut off&nbsp; Black bar left webcam roll20 camera fix&nbsp;
Worked for me. Thanks :)&nbsp;
Mikelzap said: @brad Good call, on HW acceleration. Worked for me. I'm going to add words people may google to find this. Roll20 black bar webcam chrome fixed web cam off set roll20 web cam cut off on roll20.net I've been dealing with this for months, thanks for helping google find this!