Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Modifying NPC Token Avatar Prevents it from Appearing on VTT

DLB
Pro
Translator
Hello, OS: Mojave 10.14.6 Browser: Firefox 78.0.2 (64-bit) Plug-ins: None Steps 1-3 done If a creature is pulled from the compendium and added to my game's bestiary, it works as intended. However, if I were to delete the default token and then upload my own art, the token no longer appears on the VTT when I drag it from the list of creatures in the right-hand side Journal as normally done. This does not happen all the time, but more often when duplicating an NPC card, then altering the avatar art I have noticed. What exactly is the issue and how would I resolve this? Any guidance would be welcomed Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DLB, This just sounds like a procedural error. After you upload your new art and link it so that it represents the creature, are you defining it as the new default token? This must be done and it must be the last step.
DLB
Pro
Translator
Thanks for the pointer. Turns out, there was a blank/transparent default token image, which just needed to be deleted. Thank you [redfaced]