Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PowerCards Templates

I recently reviewed  Kurt Jaegers'  PowerCards : Templates and Replacements video.   I entered the initial macro and PowerCard template, which worked fine.   However, adding the conditionals then failed with the output to chat box resembling an empty linefeed.   What am I doing wrong?   Initial Macro:   !power {{ --template|WeaponAttack|@{selected|character_name};Quarterstaff;@{selected|strength_mod};STR;@{selected|pb};@{target|AC};1d6;2d6;bludgeoning }}   Initial Handout (PowerCard_Template) Entered:   WeaponAttack:--name|~0! - ~1! Attack --Attack|~0! rolls [[ [$Atk] 1d20 + ~2! [~3!] + ~4! [PROF] ]] vs AC ~5! --Damage|On a hit, ~0! deals [[ [$Dmg] ~6! + ~2! [~3!] ]] ~8! damage or [[ [$Crit] ~7! + ~2! [~3!] ]] on a critical   Above macro/handout tested fine .   Handout (PowerCard-Template) with Conditionals Entered: WeaponAttack:--name|~0! - ~1! Attack --Attack|~0! rolls [[ [$Atk] 1d20 + ~2! [~3!] + ~4! [PROF] ]] vs AC ~5! --hroll|[[ [$Dmg] ~6! + ~2! [~3!] ]] or [[ [$Crit] ~7! + ~2! [~3!] ]] --?? $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 AND $Atk >= ~5! ??Hit|~0! hits for [^Dmg] ~8! damage! --?? $Atk.base == 20 ??Critical Hit|~0! scores a critical hit for [^Crit] ~8! damage! --?? $Atk < ~5! AND $Atk.base <> 1 ??Miss|~0! missed. --?? $Atk.base == 1 ??Fumble|~0! fumbles the attack!   Or, for easier reading – with line feeds and legend (not in PowerCard Template handout):   WeaponAttack:--name|~0! - ~1! Attack --Attack|~0! rolls [[ [$Atk] 1d20 + ~2! [~3!] + ~4! [PROF] ]] vs AC ~5! --hroll|[[ [$Dmg] ~6! + ~2! [~3!] ]] or [[ [$Crit] ~7! + ~2! [~3!] ]] --?? $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 AND $Atk >= ~5! ??Hit|~0! hits for [^Dmg] ~8! damage! --?? $Atk.base == 20 ??Critical Hit|~0! scores a critical hit for [^Crit] ~8! damage! --?? $Atk < ~5! AND $Atk.base <> 1 ??Miss|~0! missed. --?? $Atk.base == 1 ??Fumble|~0! fumb les the attack! ----------------------------- ~0!  Character name ~1!  Weapon name ~2!  Strength mod ~3!  [STR] ~4!  Proficiency bonus ~5!  Target AC ~6!  Damage ~7!  Critical damage ~8!  Damage type    
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
I don't think *you* are doing anything wrong... it is the in-game text editor that is messing things up. because those work fine for me... Whenever you modify templates (or any PowerCards related handout) since the update to the in-game editor, here is what I do: Work in an external editor like notepad or notepad++ Open the handout and click in the Notes area. Hit Control-A to highlight everything and delete it. Save changes Copy your text from notepad Edit the handout again, right click in the notes area and "paste as plain text" Save changes The "upgrade" of the in-game editor caused all kinds of issues with things that rely on the formatting of handouts :(
Many thanks!  Nothing worse than having "hidden" text issues that corrupt entries.  Particularly when you are trying to learn the "language" as I am.