Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Terrible Roll20 performance this evening

Edited 1596003964
SOLVED - Torch API with flicker-on !!! From 7pm BST (6pm UTC on 28/July/2020) we were playing a roll20 session for 4 hours. The performance was terrible. All players were on Windows 10, some on Chrome and some on Firefox. On Firefox the memory usage of the process kept creeping up until it reached around 12GB (I have 16GB RAM) before the map would just freeze and not respond, I couldn't select another map either, and eventually it would disappear and I had a blank white page instead of anything on the map. We were using the old lighting system (neither fog of war) and were on the same map all evening. We were using the roll20 voice only (no video). This seemed to continue while the maps were locked up. Even closing the firefox windows didn't help. The firefox process had to be killed from the task manager. This is our 19th game session, and only tonight has everybody been having lots of graphical problems with roll20. -- Sitting with roll20 game showing the current game map, with no other players online, there is a firefox process just increasing in size without me doing anything. With all extensions disabled, the memory usage just keeps rising when nothing is moving in the window.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just a suggestion with FF, check to see if it's auto-fill options are enabled and if so, disable the feature.&nbsp;<a href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/control-whether-firefox-automatically-fills-forms" rel="nofollow">https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/control-whether-firefox-automatically-fills-forms</a>
I eventually tracked it down to the torch API having "!flicker-on" for a torch. It just eats up memory. It was the only time I've used the option, and forgot about it last night.