Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sending to map layer disappears items

I'm running the Tomb of Annihilation game for 5e D&D. A few weeks ago this bug showed up where there are areas on the map that are numbered.  They are on the GM layer.  When the players explore that area I right click the number to send it to the map layer so the players can see it and it won't become a token because I don't want it move around; it's not an actual interactive item, just a notation of location on the map.  This use to work great but now when I right click and send to the map layer it disappears and I have found no way to get it back. I'm also running the Dragon of Icespire Peak adventure and having the same exact issue with that game. Anyone else having this problem and any ideas of how to fix?  (It use to work just fine.)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just out of curiosity, have you tried right clicking the map and selecting "send to back"?  It might be that the map is set to be on top, so anything you move to that layer is ending up behind the map.
A habit I have taken up when moving something from the GM Layer to the Map Layer is to right-click on the image on the GM Layer and select To Front before moving it to the Map Layer.
Kraynic said: Just out of curiosity, have you tried right clicking the map and selecting "send to back"?  It might be that the map is set to be on top, so anything you move to that layer is ending up behind the map. That worked!  Thank you so much!!  This was happening across a couple of different games and causing me a lot of frustration!! Rabulias said: A habit I have taken up when moving something from the GM Layer to the Map Layer is to right-click on the image on the GM Layer and select To Front before moving it to the Map Layer. Thank you for that tip!  I'm sure it's going to save me a lot of frustration going forward!