Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] New DM looking for two players for Mines of Phandelver

Edited 1596183706
Greetings, I am a new DM with one session of 5e as a player before the DM moved away.  I have read the PHB, DMG and what I need of the MM, fairly familiar with Roll20 as well.  I'm using the Mines of Phandelver as a learning experience for myself and you as the player.  Roleplaying is pretty new to me so it will be rough but if I was any better at acting, I'd be in Hollywood.  I'm pretty well going to follow the scenario as laid out, starting at level 1 with very minimal if any deviations, I'm trying to get a hang of DnD and hopefully you will too. What I'm looking for in players:  Patient, a good attitude and a basic understanding of the game with some knowledge of the game basics and how Roll20 works.  If you have been a DM (only so I can ask for advice) before even better but not required.  Please be cooperative to the story as well.  Other requirements:  Discord (mic, no cam needed), 18+, respectful and have a good attitude! I'm looking to start Sunday, August the 9th at 3:00pm-6:00pm MST. This will occurs weekly on Sundays from 3-6pm MST.  I have one player now and seeking two more that I would like to get in touch with during the week to make a character, set up the tokens and all that.  We may have a session 0 either the day before or the day of.  Drop a little about you,  your experience and a little about a character you may play and I'll get back to you!
So, umm... Hello, name's Krei. I'm 19, I enjoy playing RPGs, Tactical and Strategical RPGs I'm currently living in Czechia (CEST, UTC +2), able to speak both Czech and English I am able to get into actually playing my character pretty well, but roleplaying voice-wise? I can do that only slightly, very very slightly I have played a bit of DnD previously, as stated below, but I still wouldn't call myself "experienced" in it, therefore I would require some patience as well :) I have a lil' bit of experience with Roll20 (Supposedly like 58 hours or so), from the Player's perspective I've been pretty much, just and only playing Lost Mines of Phandelver, with the Campaigns always ending after the starting cave I'd be open to suggestions and/or ideas for my character, but if there wouldn't be any, I would opt out for a Cleric (To tank for allies and heal them whenever needed) or I'd even like to try my first at a barbarian/monk, if homebrewed classes won't be a thing Am ready to chat more, just let me know
I'm a fairly experienced player who mainly has DM'd for a bunch of groups, so I have a lot of experience with that under my belt. I'm 18 and live in the west coast (PST). I know the layout of roll20 very well despite not using it as much. I'm great at RP but if not needed then I wont focus on it. I'm a great tactician and generally pretty well regarded with all the people I've played with. No negative experiences so far. I'd love to get in touch
Are there going to any restrictions other than no homebrew? I'm just a scrub who has an itch to play a simic hybrid sorcerer, and I'm relatively familiar with everything since I just started my own game with some friends. Not much of a leader unless pushed into it, but I do support well enough.
Jace Arveduin said: Are there going to any restrictions other than no homebrew? I'm just a scrub who has an itch to play a simic hybrid sorcerer, and I'm relatively familiar with everything since I just started my own game with some friends. Not much of a leader unless pushed into it, but I do support well enough. The topic itself doesn't state anything about homebrew (other than the "minimal deviation, if any" thing, which doesn't really need to be about homebrewed stuff overall), so we'll see how Hunter S will respond
Jace Arveduin said: Are there going to any restrictions other than no homebrew? I'm just a scrub who has an itch to play a simic hybrid sorcerer, and I'm relatively familiar with everything since I just started my own game with some friends. Not much of a leader unless pushed into it, but I do support well enough. I’m not familiar enough with the game to confidently have home brew in the game as of now, sorry. 
Hunter S said: I’m not familiar enough with the game to confidently have home brew in the game as of now, sorry.  The hybrid is actually from the Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica book. Mabad for making it sound like a brew
So uhh... Are there going to be any other restrictions than no homebrew, Hunter S? Also, what would your ideal party look like (Class and Race-wise)?
KreizacsRolwiert said: So uhh... Are there going to be any other restrictions than no homebrew, Hunter S? Also, what would your ideal party look like (Class and Race-wise)? Preferably the base races/classes found in the 5e PHB,  As afar as party composition, as long as I don't wind up with all wizards or rogues it should be okay.
Jace Arveduin said: Hunter S said: I’m not familiar enough with the game to confidently have home brew in the game as of now, sorry.  The hybrid is actually from the Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica book. Mabad for making it sound like a brew I'm not familiar with that book, though I may look into it, I just have the PHB for now.

Edited 1596240891
Hunter S said: KreizacsRolwiert said: So uhh... Are there going to be any other restrictions than no homebrew, Hunter S? Also, what would your ideal party look like (Class and Race-wise)? Preferably the base races/classes found in the 5e PHB,  As afar as party composition, as long as I don't wind up with all wizards or rogues it should be okay. May I ask for your Discord tag over PMs/DMs, so that it ain't visible to literally anyone that visits this thread? So that we may chat a bit further about this entire thingy, since I'm genuinely quite interested in it
I would be interested if there is still room, i have several years of experience with both 5e and roll20. I have characters ready depending on how much you will allow.
I'm new to Roll20. I play in a regular game on Sunday evenings but have been looking for an afternoon game as well. This time slot would be a perfect fit. I have played D&D for over 25 years. As far as characters go, I usually play rogues but can play just about anything. I can make characters really quick. Let me know if there are still slots open, I'd love to play!