Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding players Macro Bar Buttons

This is a very simple question, and frustrating as I have done it before. How do I hide my players buttons on the quick bar? I have 2 campaigns, one I started in March and I have managed to hide them without a problem whilst still enabling the quick bar for my DM macros. I have created a new game but for the life of me can't find how to do it!! Am using Diana P. 3.5 sheet though believe this was a generic Roll20 fix. Thank you in advance.

Edited 1596288233
Gold
Forum Champion
Visibility: All Players That's the name of a setting that you have ON, if players can see that. For better (or Worse), the GM cannot control the "In Bar" checkmark setting for Players' Macro QUICK BAR, but GM can deny players from ability to checkmark a Macro into their quick bar, by removing "Visibility All Players" permission of that Macro. Each one macro at a time, by clicking into its settings panel under Collections tab.
Sorry, think I wasn't very clear .... I mean the macros that players can run on their 'Attributes and Abilities'. Somehow I set it on my other campaign so players can only see their own macros on quickbar and I can't see theirs but as shown, as DM I can see everyones.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure that you are not listed as a controller on their characters? I've not run into this issue before.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Whatever the cause, you should be able to remove them manually. Hover over any button and a handle area should appear to the right side of it. Use that to drag the button up off the bar. You have to drag pretty far so that the app knows you are not just re-ordering them.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are these macros also in your Collections tab? Also, have any of your players used an extension to import macros? There was another thread about this messing up the GM's macros.
Thanks for replies. These were blank character sheets I created, copied saving throws to their attributes and abilities then set macros onto quick bar. Character sheets are set to be controlled by the specific player only, nothing been imported and they don't show in my collections. I have manually dragged & dropped them, hopefully as they add macro's they don't appear on my bar ... as I said, very strange as I have another campaign with same character sheet template that doesn't do this.
i think they have to set it to their own quick bars.