Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

/me in Macros

As a player with a free account, I'm trying to build a set of quick-bar drop-down macros to allow me to choose from a set of other macros that I've set up as character abilities.&nbsp; e.g. a quick-bar "Attacks" macro which would let me choose from "Warhammer", "Spiritual Hammer", etc., each which would have its own set of options (e.g. choosing Standard, Advantage, Disadvantage) to further refine the roll. The problem I'm running into is that I can't get the "/me" formatting to work within the character ability, but only when calling from a drop-down selection macro.&nbsp; Here is my "Attacks" macro: ?{Choose Attack Type|Warhammer, %{Dillo Stonybrook|WrHmrAtk}|Spiritual Hammer, %{Dillo Stonybrook|SprtlHmrAtk}} The "WrHmrAtk" ability is set as follows: /me mightily swings his warhammer in a crushing blow.&nbsp; He assumes that [[ ?{Attack Type&amp;#124;Standard&amp;#44; 1d20ro&lt;1+7&amp;#124;Advantage&amp;#44; 2d20ro&lt;1kh1+7&amp;#124;Disadvantage&amp;#44; 2d20ro&lt;1kl1+7&amp;#125; ]] is good enough to breach his foe's defenses. The output to chat, though, is " /me mightily swings his warhammer in a crushing blow. He assumes that&nbsp; <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d20ro<1+7 = ( 4 )+7" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">11 &nbsp;is good enough to breach his foe's defenses. "&nbsp;, without putting it into "/me" chat formatting. I tested with a "TestTest" macro: %{Dillo Stonybrook|Test} which in turn calls the "Test" character ability: /me tests something. which outputs with the correct "/me" formatting:&nbsp;&nbsp; Dillo tests something. Is there something inherent in calling a character ability from a drop-down query that renders "/me" formatting unusable in the output?&nbsp; Or is there just some obvious error that I'm missing?&nbsp; Your help is appreciated!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Assuming the html entities are built in the right place, this will be your issue: Warhammer, %{Dillo Stonybrook|WrHmrAtk} That space after the comma is printed to chat, but with /me, the / has to be the first thing printed to chat. So change it to Warhammer,%{Dillo Stonybrook|WrHmrAtk}
Perfect;&nbsp; that solved it!&nbsp; Thanks for the help!